- Case Number: a20091128.1
- Status: dismissed
- Claimants: J. Steijlen
- Respondents: Wil van Ham
Case Manager: Mario Lipinski
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-08-30
- Date of ruling: 200Y-MM-DD
- Case closed: 2010-11-22
- Complaint: mismatch between account and document (nickname)
Today I met Willem van Ham in Utrect. (HCC-days) Upon assuring him I noticed a mismatch between account and document. Documents state "Willem van Ham", account states "Wil van Ham". "Will" is quite a common varitation on the name "Willem". I request that the name on his account is changed to "Willem van Ham". Another assurer Jacob K (<email anonymized>) also assured him. Yes I accept the CCA&DRP Greetings Joost
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator UlrichSchroeter (A), Respondent: Wil van Ham (R), Claimant: J. Steijlen (C), Case: a20091128.1
2009-11-28 (UlrichSchroeter): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2010-08-29 (CM): I'll take care about this case
- 2010-08-29 (A): I'll take care about this case
- 2010-08-30 (A): forwarded all mails to (CM)
- 2010-08-30 (A): sent initmailing with CCA / DRP req. to (C), (R)
- 2010-08-30 (C): accepted CCA / DRP in dispute filing. It is presumed that claimant Joost Steijlen in the role as support engineer accepts CCA, by role under SP.
- 2010-08-30 (A): (Support): please provide me with the list of assurances received and the full names seperated in fields on (R)'s account
- 2010-08-30 (R): I accept the arbritation.
- 2010-08-30 (Support): [s20100830.52] sends list with assurances received by (R) and the full names in account
- 2010-08-30 (A): explanation of dutch country variation with req to decide which option (R) prefers sent to (R)
- 2010-08-30 (A): position of Tussenvoegsel is located in middlename field, that has some problems. explaining (R) the pro's and con's for correction
- 2010-08-30 (R): certs date from (A) seems to be invalid
- 2010-08-30 (A): support on CRL's to (R)
- 2010-08-30 (R): is it possible to loose the 35 assurance points regarding this arbitration case ?
- 2010-08-30 (A): answer to (R)'s question, regarding dutch common short name variation
- 2010-08-31 (C): accepted CCA / DRP
- 2010-09-11 (A): case gots stuck by communication problems ... so send a reminder to (R) that I'm awaiting (R)'s response to my 2 still open questions: a) country variation on givenname b) Tussenvoegsel problem in account name
- 2010-09-11 (R): bothered by burocration, Delete my account
- 2010-09-11 (A): response on last (R)'s email
- 2010-09-11 (A): call 4 assistance from dutch community (other arbitrators)
- 2010-09-13 (R): It seems to be that there wil be a event in germany. There are several points on the agenda, also the callname in the Netherlands. I'll wait for that.
2010-10-09 (A): request for clarification regarding Nederlandse Voornamen Databank sent to (C)
2010-10-10 (A): summary current state regarding Nederlandse Voornamen Databank sent to (R)
2010-10-18 (C): sends response about his PoV regarding Nederlandse Voornamen Databank
- 2010-11-19 (A): summary on current state with two possible options, sent to (C), with request how (C) will decide
- 2010-11-19 (C): Revoke the dispute filing.
- 5 assurances received before 2008-02-01
Nederlandse Voornamen Databank search results:
willem -> Wilhelm -> naam uit Wil- wil' (zie wil-) en helm'
Wil -> Verkorting van (een variant van) Wilhelm (m.) of Wilhelmina (vr.). Zie ook Wille.
Wille -> Verkorting van namen met Wil-, vnl. Wilhelm.
Will -> Zie Wil. Ook Eng. naam, verkorting van William (alleen m. naam).
(C) confirms to the to the relaxed name variation on PracticeOnNames
- Known Country Variations: * NL
based on the Nederlandse Voornamen Databank
- Since dispute filing, the name handling was in flux and has been moved to the more relaxed ruling
- 2010-11-22 (A): Case dismissed.
- 2010-11-22 (A): Sent notice to (C), (R), asking (R) if he accepts this outcome.