česky | english
CAcert has the following requirements (MUST) for Smart Card Vendors:
- Worldwide delivery (at least the countries, where CAcert has Assurers)
- Any amount of cards delivery (especially smaller amounts of cards are often problematic)
- Supported Drivers/Infrastructure for Linux, Windows and Mac.
Wishlist (would be nice):
Support for QualifiedCertificateRequest: The vendor has to provide a method to deliver unforgeable identification of certificate requests that were generated with a secure private key, which was generated in the SmartCard an can never leave the SmartCard. For example the certificate request could be digitally signed with a vendor key that is integrated in the SmartCard. Qualified certificate requests are necessary for CAcert to be able to provide qualified signatures.
- Drivers automatically installed, and pre-configured in the Software/Distributions.
- Testcards for Interoperability Tests
- FIPS-140 Level 3
What CAcert can offer to a Smartcard vendor:
- Thousands of users waiting for the availability of CAcert certified Smartcards
- Certificates for Interoperability Testing
Information about Smartcards: