To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2021-06-03 (2021-06-04 in Australia)
Northern Winter: 08:00 PM GMT = 21:00 CET = 15:00 New York EST = 07:00 Australia AEDT
Northern Summer: 08:00 PM GMT = 22:00 CEST = 16:00 New York EDT = 06:00 Australia AEST
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee members: the committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
This will be a short meeting. You may miss some of your favourite topics that takes a lot of time. You may vote about minutes, agendas, etc. later. The goal of this meeting is to make at least two decisions so that the teams can continue to work as hard as they did in the past weeks. If there is remaining time, we may share some information.
During the meeting, the following two additional channels are open to all members: (LINK WILL BE ADJUSTED BEFORE THE MEETING AND THI LINE REMOVED)
Live temporary notepad to keep track of the minutes - Please contribute to writing.
Audio-video channel, in parallel to the classical IRC channel - Please join us there.
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
Who is making minutes? (Writing minutes in real time)
- Is there a time limit? Who is time keeper?
Accept minutes from 06.05.2021 "I move to accept the minutes of the committee meeting of 6. May 2021."
Acceptance of new business items no later than 48 hours before the start of the committee meeting!
- Most pressing subjects
CCA change. information of community -- Draft sent to board on 27-02-2021; (secretary, critical / to skip,, still pending)
- register statutes changes at OFT (started after AGM): details with OFT OK, form prepared, waiting for legal confirmation. (secretary / to skip, still pending, legal confirmation takes more time than expected)
This is ongoing: Bug 1499 Re-Sign-Signer-Class-3-Certificate-processus: from test to operative (Dirk, done) / communication (secretary, done) / Changes at http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3 (Dirk A) still pending: fix a time limit!
Background Check: Present state of Bernhard's work: short information / interim status (Ted)
- (any candidates?)
- Staffing the teams
Applicants to the Support team: short information / interim status of OTRS access (A.K. has still not access) (Dirk A)
- Applicants to the Infrastructure team
- Applicants to the Development team
- Applicant to the Critical team
- Finance team
Info (details here (Michael)
- Software Team
Issue 1502: Adapt the UI at CAcert.org to deal with the "keygen" feature having been removed in browsers
Issue 1505: Aleš wrote a very well documented wiki page on the Single Sign-On option
Issue 1482: Limit validity period of new HTTPS certificates to one year
Issue 1444: PHP - Brian
Issue 1417: Keygen - Bernhard
- Grant applications
- The Prototype Fund is a project of the Open Knowledge Foundation Germany, funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). This is for residents of Germany only. We could create a group of people that work on a project for CAcert (with all support of the others in the background). It runs for two more years, every 6 month.
- Infra does not see any acute need at the moment, and does not have the capacity to provide qualified support.
- There are some ideas for software, but in infra's view there is still a lot of conceptual and preparatory work missing. What Infra could imagine is financing people to carry out a requirements analysis and write a requirements and test specification. This could then be used as a basis for a new implementation of the CAcert software (WebDB, Signer and perhaps other things like CATS). But these are just a few ideas of JanDD and he cannot currently recommend any people who would be suitable for this. Potential candidates would have to deal intensively with the existing software on the one hand and with the underlying policies on the other, and would have to identify a lot of missing information, ask for it and make assumptions for discussion. This requires very good analytical and communication skills and a high level of stamina.
- Most pressing subjects
see here: https://wiki.cacert.org/Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-03-01/ideas#Blockchain (waiting for answer from IanG)
- Question Time
Questions from CAcert.org community members can be added until beginning of committee meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added question here.
"Question One." added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by your Question and add your name
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting: 6. May 2021
- Following meetings: 6. May, 3. June, 1. July, 5. August
Members of the Committee:
Present, by alphabetical order
Absent or silent, by alphabetical order
Peter Nunn (apologies)
Guy Scharinger (apologies)
Sascha Ternes (apologies)
Members of the CAcert community and other guests
Having been active during the meeting, by alphabetical order
Dirk Astrath (egal)
Alex B (apologies)
Committee meeting - 2021-05-06
Acceptance of minutes
Next meeting - 1. July (Start AGM!), 5. August, 2. Sept, 30. Sept or 7. Okt, 30. Okt or 7. Nov
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting