To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2020-03-12 (2020-03-13 in Australia)
The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author puts motion m20200312.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
- Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
- Critical Team
- Status of applications for Critical/Infrastructure team
- Re-classification of CRL and OSCP (Dirk A.)
- Critical Team would like to have an adjustment, since the CRL makes up a large part of the bandwidth of CAcert (and thus of BIT): CRL and OCSP should no longer be classified as critical systems, but under the control of the Critical Team. This would allow CRL and OSCP to be moved to another (non-CAcert server) can be outsourced to significantly reduce the bandwidth. Since these are both servers that decide on the validity of certificates (revoke), not "just any" of these servers should administrate. (mail from 12.12.2019 to the secretary)
- Discussion and motion
PayPal account blocking (Information: No real progress in Moment. The Australian authorities are now dealing with the matter. Paypal requires us to contact them through a blocked account... A member of the finance team is ready for next steps in Australia in the real world: Bret.)
- European Bank Account (Information: For donations in Euro we recommend the account of SecureU to avoid unnecessary back and forth. For membership fees and donations in Swiss francs CAcert Inc now has a bank account in Switzerland at the Grisons Cantonal Bank in Coire. The last signatures are on the way.)
- Finance Team: Hand over (Information)
- Telephone conferences (Information by Frédéric D)
- Progress of the most pressing bugs and issues (PHP, keygen, ...)
- Critical Team
- Question Time
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
- - no questions added -
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Brian M, Etienne R, Frédéric D (20:37), Frédéric G (20:41), Peter N, Sascha T (20:12)
Apologies: Bret W
Missing: Christophe M, Dirk A
Guests: decay, egal, enyc, LambertHofstra, nb, nemunaire, ynazarov, zerkalo
At 20:10 UTC the President took chair and opened the meeting.
The minutes of last meeting on 2020-02-13 were accepted by motion m20200312.1.
2.1 (Critical Team) postphoned.
2.2.1 Paypal: We appoint Bret as our representative in the matter of CACert vs. Paypal by motion m20200312.2.
2.2.2 A Swiss bank account at the Grisons Cantonal Bank in Coire is almost available, last signatures are on the way.
2.2.3 Finance team has started working together. A discussion started about better communication tools than IRC. Audio/video conferences are preferred by some of us, but these will probably not fit for mass conferences where more than a few people attend.
Further topics were not discussed.
No questions raised.
We aggreed on 2020-04-09-20:00 UTC for the next meeting.
Chair closed the meeting at 21:18 UTC.
m20200312.1: Motion to accept Minutes from last meeting
m20200312.2: Motions to appoint Bret W as agent in CAcert vs. Paypal
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting