To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2020-02-13 (2020-02-14 in Australia)
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author puts motion m20200213.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
- Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
- Data Protection Officer 1 (only if UK left the EU on 31.1.2020): Thanks Megan R for her help, availability and loyal services.
- Data Protection Officer 2 (only if UK left the EU on 31.1.2020): Nominate Gero T as new data protection officer.
- Critical Team
- Status of applications for Critical/Infrastructure team
- Re-classification of CRL and OSCP (Dirk A.)
- Critical Team would like to have an adjustment, since the CRL makes up a large part of the bandwidth of CAcert (and thus of BIT): CRL and OCSP should no longer be classified as critical systems, but under the control of the Critical Team. This would allow CRL and OSCP to be moved to another (non-CAcert server) can be outsourced to significantly reduce the bandwidth. Since these are both servers that decide on the validity of certificates (revoke), not "just any" of these servers should administrate. (mail from 12.12.2019 to the secretary)
- Discussion and motion
PayPal account blocking (Notice)
The account is blocked since 29/12/2019. The treasurer and the secretary were working very hard to resolve the issue the first 3 weeks. On 13/01/2020 we made a complaint at the Australian Financial Complaints Authority. They gave Paypal Australia Pty Ltd. time until 22/02/2020 to respond us. Furthermore, CAcert Inc. got in touch with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority about the Unruly, immoral and presumably illegal behaviour of Paypal Australia Pty Limited that cut off Australian companies from the flow of money and actively and maliciously hinder the economy. The information we have provided to APRA have been referred to the APRA supervisory team for Paypal. Since we filed the lawsuit, Paypal has not responded to our letters. The address of the cashier is since now for five weeks "under review". All credits will be returned. CAcert Inc. informs the Regulator of each and every return and further disagrees with any verifiably false statements made by Paypal in these mails.
- At the moment we have enough credit with our German support association SecureU. Even if Paypal should block the account for 180 days as in other cases, CAcert can continue its operations. Alternative payment methods are currently running via SecureU in Germany. More serious options will be added in the course of February.
- Treasurer: nomination of Christophe M.
- Face-to-face with key members and new people (Frédéric D)
- Resignation of GuKK
- Progress of the most pressing bugs and issues (PHP, keygen, ...)
- Question Time
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
- - no questions added -
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Brian M, Christophe M, Etienne R (20:14), Frédéric D (20:57), Frédéric G (20:11), Sascha T
Apologies: Bret W
Missing: Dirk A
Guests: decay, egal, enyc, GuKKDevel, LambertHofstra, nb, nemunaire, ynazarov, zerkalo
At 20:17 UTC we had a quorum. The President took chair and opened the meeting. Sascha declared taking minutes.
The minutes of last meeting on 2020-01-09 were accepted by motion m20200213.1.
Regarding topics from private conversations to disclose, Sascha stated that he had finally got access to board-private, and Christophe should get access too. The Financial team will have a look if they need a private channel, too.
PayPal blocking: see 2.3.1
- Meeting with Christophe M regarding new Treasurer has been conducted
- Meeting with Dirk A: not mentioned this time
2.1.1 As UK has left the EU on 2020-01-31, Megan R is dismissed from the position of Data Protection Officer via motion m20200213.2:
"The Committee of CAcert Inc. would like to thank Megan R for her services as data protection officer. She took over this position in a difficult time and under great political pressure. She was the first Data Protection Officer and we regret that she has had to give up this post because of the United Kingdom's leaving the European Union. We hereby dismiss her with great regret and our sincere thanks for her unselfish assistance."
2.1.2 As replacement for Megan, Gero T has agreed to take her position. With motion m20200213.3 we appointed him as data protection officer, he is a resident of the European Union and therefore fulfils the legal requirements.
2.2 Critical team skipped, Dirk is not attending.
2.3.1 PayPal account blocking: We are waiting for February 20th, which is the date fixed by Finance Regulation Ombudsman.
2.3.2 Frédéric G resigns as Treasurer to allow Christophe to step in. With motion m20200213.4 we accepted his resignation. With motion m20200213.5 Christophe was accepted as a new CAcert Inc. member, and with motion m20200213.6 he was appointed as Treasurer in the Committee of CAcert Inc. Finally, we voted to appoint Frédéric G and Bret W to the Financial team with motion m20200213.7. Christophe voted aye, but he has yet to be added to the motion system, so his vote is currently missing there.
2.4.1 Frédéric D states that it is very difficult to get new people aboard. Nearly no responses to mailings with video chat offers have been received. Some old members (Jan, Lambert) have signaled to attend video calls planned in the near future. Still, we think this is a good approach.
2.4.2 GuKKDevel has expressed withdrawal via email. As he has nearly passed his ABC and was considered for Support and Development teams, we regret his decision.
2.4.3 Progress of most pressing bugs and issues skipped.
Etienne reports that a European bank account is very soon to come.
We briefly discuss Payoneer.com.
We aggreed on 2020-03-12-20:00 UTC for the next meeting.
Chair closed the meeting at 22:20 UTC.
m20200213.1: Accept the minutes from January 9th, 2020
m20200213.2: Thank data protection officer Megan R and dismiss her
m20200213.3: Appointment of Gero Treuner as data protection officer
m20200213.4: Accept the resignation of Frédéric G as Treasurer
m20200213.5: Accept Christophe Meesters as new member of CAcert Inc.
m20200213.6: Accept Christophe Meesters as Committee member and Treasurer
m20200213.7: Appoint Bret Watson and Frédéric Grither as members of Financial team
Prepare agenda and minutes for next meeting
Schedule video calls with Dirk / Jan / Lambert
Information on European bank account