Information for new board members

Committee Meeting 2018-11-08 (2018-11-09 in Australia)

The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

08:00 PM GMT = 21:00 CET = 15:00 New York EDT = '''07:00 Australia AEST following day'''

Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the actions from meeting and actions overview. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m2018MMDD.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Who is making minutes?
    3. Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
    4. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private or cacert-board maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    6. Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Constitution
    1. President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary
    2. Sub committees
      1. Public Officer (Peter Moulding, Gero Treuner, Etienne Ruedin)
      2. Public Relations (Frédéric Dumas, Alex Bahlo)
      3. Treasury (Frédéric Grither, (who has access to Westpac)
    3. Missing acceptances (are there still any? how to deal with it?)
    4. Election pledge: The outgoing committee has initiated various measures to get the finances under control. In addition, it intends to bring CAcert to Europe in 2019 (preparations are underway to do it with no need to change policies). This means that there will be an SGM in the first half of 2019 anyway. Then it could be decided: - relocate and continue - or wind up. By then it should have become apparent whether we have got the finances under control. Possiblity: We create a funding sub committee that asks at least twice per month for a grant until the SGM. Today. For possibilities, see:

    5. Former secretary's pledge: "(if) each board member is willing to do about 10% more during this transition period (he has) time to prepare statutes (for Switzerland) and (prepare the) SGM." Possibility: Ask the former secretary to do so today (or next meeting).

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

  3. Business
    1. Arbitration: The list administrator is instructed to remove former arbitrators from the arbitrator mail list in accordance with this list (limited access for committee only).

    2. Grants: open and new inquiries (BDMC)
      1. Formal documented plan for our future: who writes a draft? until when?
    3. Finance Report 2017/2018 (Treasurer)
    4. AGM 2018: "Australian Stuff": Form A12 - T2 (Small) within one month after the holding of the AGM (treasurer, public officer, or PO sub committee)

    5. Bug 1305: "Yet another CAcert Class 3 Root SHA256: Should we roll it out w/serial number 0A 41 8A or serial number 14? (FD)

    6. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    7. et cetera

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

  4. Question Time
    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  5. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting (Wed/Thu 20 GMT = 21 FR/CH = 15 NY = Thu/Fri 07 AEST)
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Logfile from meeting 2018-AM-AD


Minutes will be written once the meeting is finished, with tasks listed in action items and Actions of this document.

Present: Peter M, Etienne, Frédéric D, Frédéric G, Peter N

Apologies: Brian


Guests: Karl-Heinz, Dirk, Nemunaire, NB, Gero


At 20:00 UTC Etienne took chair and started the meeting, having no quorum with informal items (Business 4 & 5). He opened the meeting formally only at 20:48, having a quorum.

The minutes were accepted.


  1. President: Brian, Vice President: Peter N, Treasurer: Frédéric G, Secretary: Etienne
  2. Sub committees were created
    1. Public Officer (Peter M, Gero, Etienne)
    2. Public Relations (Frédéric D, Alex B)

    3. Financces (instead of Treaury, including asking for grants and fund raising) (Frédéric G, Brian, Peter N and the person who has access to Westpac)
  3. Peter Y was contactet twice if he accept his position in the committee. Having no answer until today, the committee decided to accept Ross for the position. He was elected at the AGM too, but supernumerary. He accepted. The Board also owes Peter Y his many years of service to CAcert and his great commitment. It will be a pleasure to meet Peter Y as an active member of the community and the association.


  1. The list administrator is instructed to remove former arbitrators from the arbitrator mail list in accordance with this list (limited access for committee only).

  2. Grants and Formal documented plan for our future are reported to the next meeting to be discussed with the president.
  3. The treaurer gives the latest information about finances.Until the end of the year, he will figure out together with the secretary who has paid the annual fee in the last years.
  4. The Public Officer will send the Form A12 - T2 (Small) within one month after the holding of the AGM.

  5. Bug 1305:

Question Time


We aggreed on 2018-11-29-20:00 UTC for the next meeting.

Chair closed the meeting at 22:14 UTC








prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting

Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-11-08 (last edited 2018-11-20 23:38:45 by EtienneRuedin)