Committee Meeting 2014-09-21

The meeting was moved from 2014-09-14 to 2014-09-21

The meeting will take place at 19:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below.

Others: Add a question to the questions section. Your question may be copied to "business" before closing of the Agenda or as a late item in the beginning of the meeting.

All: If items are added to business or questions please take care, that you and the committee are prepared before the meeting to avoid long discussions. Each item should be handled during the meeting within in reasonable time (e.g. 15 Minutes per item). If an item on the Agenda takes too much time, chair may defer this item to the end of the meeting or adjourn it to the next meeting.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  1. Accept the minutes from the last meetings.


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Who is making minutes?
    3. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Accept late business

      1. containing Chair introduces the URL of this agenda to the meeting

    2. Status-Updates

      1. Keypersons list (initiated by Eva)

      2. Financial report submitted to the OFT (by Michael)

      3. Move CAcert Inc. to another country

      4. CCA-Rollout (by dirk)

    3. Take care of jobs from the old board by dirk

      1. containing Update of board report

    4. Installation Instructions (by Etienne)

    5. Appoint Martin G. as new DRO (Disputes Resolution Officer) (by Juergen)

    6. Incident with non-ASCII-characters (by Juergen)

    7. MD5 issue with Firefox, as blogged by Fefe (by Juergen)

    8. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    9. et cetera
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. When will the next meeting take place? Agree on the date: Provisionally 2014-10-05 19:00UTC

    2. Question two added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries

1.1 Opening

Present: dirk, Juergen, Etienne

Meeting chaired by dirk.

1.2 Minutes taker

Minutes will be taken by dirk.

1.3 Approval last meeting-minutes

1.4 Disclosure of private communication

1.4 Business items from board-mailinglist

1.5 Action items

No progress on action list items

2 Business

2.1 Late Business

No late business items were named.

2.2.1 Status-Updates: Keypersons list

No progress from Guilaume ...

2.2.2 Financial Report to OFT

Financial Report was sent to OFT by Kevin

2.2.3 Move CAcert to another country

currently no progress, Eva is working at the bylaws. Proposal will be sent to Benedikt before spreading

2.2.4 CCA

2.3 Board-Report

Dirk sent the updated report to members-mailinglist

2.4 Installation instructions

Etienne will take care of collecting installation instructions for CAcert

2.5 Appoint DRO

Motion is still running to appoint Martin as DRO

2.6 non-ASCII characters

Juergen informed, that there was an issue with non-ASCII characters. Decision was taken, that Juergen will take care of this dispute for board.

2.7 MD5

Fefe blogged about MD5 being used by CAcert, we should find a way to resign our Root Certificate (or create a new one) using another algorithm and inform Fefe.

3 Question time

Next meeting is planned for 2014-10-05



Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20140914 (last edited 2015-09-27 16:20:51 by dirkastrath)