Committee Meeting 2011-11-13

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20111113.6 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Talk about Software Freedom Law center (see policy mailing list) by dirk
    2. Nominate Marc-Oliver Hofmann as Organisation Assurer by Marcus M (OAO)
    3. et cetera
  3. Question Time Important Note: Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.

    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries

Present: Alexander, Dirk, Lambert, Mario, Piers.

1.1 Open

Meeting chaired by Lambert

1.2 Last Meeting Minutes

Motion to accept the minutes from the last meeting carried.

1.3 Minutes taker

Piers to take minutes.

1.4 Board Private issues

Two items discussed:

1.5 Action Items

"Key Persons List" should be out this coming week. It will be mailed to people on the list, rather than kept anywhere on CAcert servers, which follows advice on KeyPeopleContacts

2 Business

2.1 Software Freedom Law Center

This is in response to mail from Bruce to the committee offering to make contact with a Software Freedom Law Center lawyer to talk to Red-Hat lawyers about adding our root-certificate in their distro.

Redhat lawyers state that our license is not free and they refuse to talk to a non-lawyer. The Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) appear to offer "free" lawyers for open source products.

Motion to contact SFLC to help the discussions with the Redhat lawyers about the inclusion of our root certificate in their distribution passed.

2.2 Nominate Marc-Oliver Hofmann as Organisation Assurer

Motion that we accept Marc Oliver as Organisationa Assurer passed.



3 Questions

3.1 Google Pages

Idea is for CAcert to have an official presence on Google Pages, perhaps by copying content from the blog into a Page. Idea is not for link from CAcert to Pages, but for link from Pages to CAcert. Dirk and Mario to come up with a proposal.

3.2 Twitter

Some discussion about CAcert twitter presence - who "owns" @cacert.

3.3 More AGM queries

Board / AGM / SGM reports pending.

AU members needed for committee. (But if not enough, then can invoke "sub-committee" manoeuvre - which involves appointing sufficient silent AU members to the Board to total three, and moving requisite number of active non-AU members onto a sub-committee.)

4 Closing

4.1 Next meeting

Next meeting: Sunday, November 20th 2011, 21:00 UTC


Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20111113 (last edited 2011-11-14 08:40:34 by Piers Lauder)