Committee Meeting 2011-05-15
The meeting will take place at 20:30 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.
Minutes author puts motion m20110515.1 to accept the minutes
Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
- Oophaga letter
Software / Systems: Class 3 root replacement till end of June 2011 (is not the New Roots & Escrow project) (Overturn motions ?)
- Privacy Officer
- Security Officer
- Proposal by Benedikt H: I also thought about getting a new position of the Security Officer - as staff unit - reporting to the board. (S)He should be responsible to make sure, CAcert is act upon the most strict data privacy rule in the world, to fulfil not only Australian regulations, but world wide. Another important task would be the implementation of an ISMS (IT Security Management System) based on ISO 27001. However, this job can be defined and filled after the big projects are up and running smoother than now.
Action / Projects plan: http://wiki.cacert.org/OverviewProjectsBoard wiki page
- Proposal by Benedikt H: All the projects - lead by a project manager and supported by Public Relations - need to be coordinated by a program manager (supported by a PMO). The program manager should be in charge of a budget and a sufficient workforce. He directly reports to the board, to reach the goal: Audition passed faster.
- SGM Review
Question Time Important Note: Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name
- et cetera
Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Dirk, Ian, Lambert, Mario, Peter, Piers. Apologies: Alexander
Meeting chaired by Lambert.
1.2 Last meeting Minutes
1.3 Minutes taker
Piers to take minutes.
1.4 Private list Report
Nothing on private list to discuss.
1.5 Action Items
(See: Action Items.)
Key Persons List
No progress so far, and probably not until next month.
Public Liability Insurance
Will be picked up this week.
Access Team leadership
2.1 Oophaga letter
Lambert has received mail from Bert-Jaap Koop re our response, and he has replied that we will respond soon (they requested an answer within 2-3 weeks).
- we are asked to provide feedback by May 1st (or tell them when we will be able to answer)
- we are asked for an update on progress in time period March 2010-March 2011
- we are asked for our goals for 2011
- we are asked for an indication how and when we will be in the key SW
- we are asked how we assure financial stability
(2) and (3) are in the annual report. No possible answer to (4) as it is a community project ("it's done when it's done - no date"). (5) is waiting for our accounts statement.
2.2 Software / Systems: Class 3 root replacement ...
The problem is that the class3 cert is signed with an MD5 hash and mozilla will stop accepting certificates signed with MD5 in June.
We need to resign the old certificate. Procedure has been tested and documented here.
Motion: "that we upgrade the class-3 root as per the procedure in https://wiki.cacert.org/Roots/Class3ResignProcedure, where all activities are to be carried out according to SP. This motion will overrule motions m20100114.1 , m20100117.3, and m20110212.1" carried: m20110515.2.
Motion: "that we ask the community to prepare a press statement, to be sent to various groups, and to be accepted by the Board before being sent out" carried: m20110515.3.
Privacy and Security Officers
Benedikt's proposal is agreeable to the board, but it requires someone from the community to step up to either role.
Action / Projects Plan
(See: http://wiki.cacert.org/OverviewProjectsBoard wiki page.)
Problem is that plenty of people are listed for teams, but few are active. Possible incentives discussed, eg for testing, which is "unglamorous" work.
Motion: "that we have a try with rewarding testers. The test period will be two months. The testers that get back with the highest number of full test reports in a month will receive 30 Euro, The runner-up will receive 15 Euro. To be paid via Pay-pal" carried: m20110515.4.
Ulrich to do the counting and report to the board.
2.4 SGM review
No response from GR to discuss.
3 Question Time
Domain name research.cacert.org
Assigned to PG, but no-one knows why this exists.
Motion: "that we send an official request to PG to explain the need for research.cacert.org, and have it removed if no satisfactory answer is received within two weeks" carried: m20110515.5.
Voting traffic on Board Meeting List
This was intentional as an audit trail. The main problem is the extra traffic caused by proxy votes made by minute taker during board meetings.
Motion: "that we change the system, so that proxy votes are still reported as such, but will be sent to cacert-board-votes" carried: m20110515.6.
4.1 Next Meeting
m20110515.1: Accept Minutes from Meeting on 2011-05-01
m20110515.2: Class 3 Certificate Resign
m20110515.3: Prepare press statement about Class 3 Resign
m20110515.4: Rewarding testers
m20110515.5: Query status of research.cacert.org
m20110515.6: Proxy vote notifications