- Case Number: a20120403.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Vadim I
- Respondents: CAcert
Initial Case Manager: AlexRobertson
Case Manager: MartinGummi
- Date of arbitration start: 2013-11-27
- Date of ruling: 2013-11-29
- Case closed: 2013-12-02
- Complaint: Remove Account
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator Eva Stöwe (A), Respondent: CAcert(R), Claimant: Vadim I (C), Case: a20120403.1
2012-04-03 (issue.c.o) case s20120403.6
- 2012-05-07 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2013-11-27 (CM): I take this case as CM and select Eva Stöwe as A
- 2013-11-27 (CM): init mailing
- 2013-11-27 (CM): mail to support to clarify state of account
2013-11-28 (Support): account is active and shows nothing to prevent deletion with a20111128.3
- 2013-11-29 (A): ruling (send to C)
- 2013-12-02 (A): closed case
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part) (optional)
Link to Arbitration case a20120403.1 (Private Part), Access for (CM) + (A) only)
EOT Private Part
- C asked to get his account closed in Apr 2012.
- There was an active certificate in the accout in Apr 2012.
Support initiated delete account procedure according to precedent case a20111128.3
- Because of the certificate it was not possible to close the account like support started to do.
- Before the procedure of a20111128.3 was finished, support saw their error and filed a dispute about this.
- It is not clear how far the close-account-process went before it was stopped, but the account seams untouched.
- In Nov 2013 there is no active certificate on the account anymore.
- Nothing prevents to close the account according to a20111128.3 now.
- The delete-account procedure of a20111128.3 was initiated too early by support. The blocking factors, that prevented the procedure back then are gone by now.
- Because it is not clear how far the previous initiation of a20111128.3 went, it should be started by support at the beginning, again.
- No harm but the delay of the need to go through arbitration could be detected by the unauthorized actions of support. The wrongdoing was detected and reported by the support member early enough. No actions should be taken against support or the support member who made the mistake.
- 2013-11-29 (A): execute (send to Support)
- 2013-11-29 (Support): execution notice