- Case Number: a20090926.1
- Status: close
- Claimants: Philipp Stevermann
- Respondents: CAcert
Case Manager: AlexanderPrinsier
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-01-07
- Date of ruling: 2010-01-14
- Case closed: 2010-01-18
- Complaint: Stevermann - Account Removal
I would like to resign from CACert and have my account deleted, mainly because I never really started using it and will not use it for the foreseeable future. The main email address of my account is <email anonymized>
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator BernhardFröhlich (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: P. Stevermann (C), Case: a20090926.1
2009-11-27 (UlrichSchroeter): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2010-01-03 A: Appointed Arbitrator
- 2010-01-07 Case Manager selected, Arbitration starting
- 2010-01-07 A: Sent initiating mail to C asking for confirmation of the delete request.
- 2010-01-08 C responds and confirms deletion request. CCA/DRP are explicitly accepted.
- 2010-01-08 A: Sent request to support-se for information about the C's account. Authorisation to "hijack" the account if needed is given.
- 2010-01-10 Support reports no certificates issued, no Assurance Points awarded.
- 2010-01-14 A: Ruling is given
- 2010-01-14 A: Sent request to support to anonymise and delete the account
- 2010-01-16 Support reports the account is deleted
- 2010-01-18 A: This case is closed now.
Support reports that the account has not issued any certificates. It also has no Assurance Points awarded.
Since no certificates have been created, so there's no way that other CAcert members could have relied on them and no data is needed for certificate processing.
It is very improbable that any disputes are filed against this account in the future, so I judge that the user's desire for privacy beats the remaining risk of CAcert of needing his data for a future dispute.
I therefore rule that
the primary mail adress should be set to email@example.com
- all name fields of the user's account shall be changed to the string "a20090926.1"
- the Date of Birth recorded in the account shall be set to Jan 01 1970
- all domains and additional mail adresses shall be deleted from the account
- the account shall be deleted afterwards
Support reports the account is deleted at 2010-01-16.
User requests to delete account with no Assurance Points and no certificates issued.
User wants account deleted, no Assurance Points, no certificates