- Case Number: a20110618.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Maximilian K
- Respondents: CAcert
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
- Date of arbitration start: 2011-10-11
- Date of ruling: 2011-11-06-11
- Case closed: 2011-11-30
- Complaint: Account Deletion
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator name arbitor (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Maximilian K (C), Case: a20110618.1
- 2011-06-18 (issue.c.o) case [s20110618.48]
- 2011-07-02 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
2011-10-11 (A): I'll pickup the case, UlrichSchroeter will be Case Manager
- 2011-10-11 (A): Sent request for confirmation. According to C's claim no answer is expected, deadline is set to 2011-10-25
- 2011-10-11 (A): Initial mail bounced with "User is unknown", taking this as confirmation of the request.
- 2011-10-11 (A): Sent request for information to Support
- 2011-10-11 (A): Sent initial mail to alternative mail address of the claimant
- 2011-10-12 Support sends information: No Assurances given with the account, last certificate expired 2011-08-27, account has been hijacked
- 2011-11-06 (A): No response from C to initial mail.
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part)
Link to Arbitration case a20110618.1 (Private Part)
EOT Private Part
- Primary mail address of the account named by C bounces with "User is unknown"
- Account has given no Assurances, last certificate expired 2011-08-27
- No other mail addresses are connected to the account
- C does not confirm the request, even when using another mail address
- No other open Arbitrations for this account can be found
In this ruling I'll follow the usual procedures for account deletions. I'll assume that the Claimant does not have another account at CAcert, though the initial filing could be read that way.
Of course the CCA is not terminated with the user if he has another account at CAcert.
The CCA termination date for the user is set to 3 months after expiry of the last certificate, therefore to 2011-11-27, unless the user still keeps another account at CAcert.
Unless any new information shows up till then (for example an Arbitration request against this account) the account shall be anonymized after 2011-11-27.
- 2011-11-06 (A): Ruling given
- 2011-11-06 (A): Sent notification of ruling to C,
- 2011-11-06 (A): Sent mail to support to anonymize the Claimant's account after 2011-11-27 and report execution then.
- 2011-11-29 Support reports that the account has been anonymized.
- 2011-11-30 (A): Sent notification to C
- 2011-11-30 (A): The case is closed now