- Case Number: a20110616.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: AJ
- Respondents: CAcert
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
Case Manager: MartinGummi
- Date of arbitration start: 2011-09-26
- Date of ruling: 2011-09-27
- Case closed: 2012-03-18
- Complaint: Close Account Request
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator BernhardFröhlich (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: AJ (C), Case: a20110616.1
- 2011-06-16 (SE) moved from Support public mailing list into disputes
- 2011-07-02 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
2011-09-26 (A): I have picked up the case as Arbitrator, MartinGummi will be Case Manager
- 2011-09-26 (A): Sent initial mail, asking for confirmation of the request. Set deadlin2 to 2011-10-10.
- 2011-09-27 C confirms his request
- 2011-09-27 (A): Send request for information to support. Authorisation to anonymize the account is given if no Assurances are given and no certificates issued.
- 2011-09-27 Support replies that no Assurances have been given, but a certificate expiring 2011-12-13 has been issued. Account has been hijacked but otherwise unchanged.
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part)
Link to Arbitration case a20110616.1 (Private Part)
EOT Private Part
- Control of primary mail address verified
- No other open Arbitration cases for C can be found.
Latest expiry date of issued certificates: 2011-12-13, therefor by standard calculation rule from Arbitration Training the CCA termination date should not be before 2012-03-13.
Since a certificate has been issued by the Claimant's account the account can not be anonymized immediately, in case a dispute is filed against the certificate owner.
To reduce the probability of a dispute against the Claimant his account is "hijacked" and the certificate is revoked.
Nevertheless, since certificate revocation is not very reliable and does not cover all use cases of certificates, CAcert still needs the possibility to contact the Claimant till the certificate is expired, plus a grace period of 3 months.
The Claimant's account shall be hijacked and the certificate shall be revokes immediately.
Unless other facts show up (that is, a dispute is filed against him) the CAcert Community Agreement with the Claimant will be terminated at 2012-03-13 and his account shall be anonymized then.
- 2011-09-27 (A): Sent notice to the Claimant.
- 2011-09-27 (A): Asking support to revoke all certificates in C's account.
- 2012-03-14 Support reports that the account has been anonymized according to the ruling.
- 2012-03-18 (A): This case is closed now