- Case Number: a20100531.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Rene K
- Respondents: CAcert
Case Manager: SebastienKueppers
- Date of arbitration start: 2011-01-16
- Date of ruling: 2011-05-09
- Case closed: 2011-08-09
- Complaint: Account Removal
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator BernhardFröhlich (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Rene K (C), Case: a20100531.1
2010-05-31 (issue.c.o) case s20100531.188
2010-06-15 (UlrichSchroeter): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2011-01-18 (A): Sent initial mail, asking for confirmation of request.
- 2011-01-19 C responds that he likes to keep his account.
- 2011-01-20 (A) sent mail to C: Maybe the goal of the request was to merge two Accounts?
- 2011-04-10 (A) sent reminder to C, with deadline of 2011-04-24
- 2011-04-11 (C) responds, he would prefer to merge the two accounts.
- 2011-04-15 (A) Sent information request to Support
- 2011-05-09 (A) Proposed ruling given, asking the Claimant for confirmation.
- 2011-05-09 (C) accepts ruling
- Assurance Points are below 100
- Claimant has additional account
The Claimant has asked to merge two of his accounts.
Since there is no feature in the Support Engineer's interface to merge two accounts the most simple way to achieve this is to "delete" one account using standard procedures, so the Claimant can manually add all resources of the deleted account (domains, mail adresses) to the remaining account.
In case there are any certificates issued by the account to be deleted the final step of account deletion shall not be done till three months after expiry of the last certificate. The link between the certificates and the member can still be made since the account to be deleted points to this arbitration case and the private data contain a link to the other account of the Claimant.
- 2011-05-09 (A) Sent execution request to support.
2011-05-10 Support replies that due to technical problems (see a20110502.1) execution is currently not advisable.
- 2011-05-10 (A) Sent notification to support to keep the request open until technical problems are solved.
- 2011-07-05 (A) Request status update from support
- 2011-08-06 (A) Renewed execution request
2011-08-08 Support reports that the account has been anonymised using DeleteAccountProcSEv3
- 2011-08-09 (A) Notified claimant that his "old" account is anonymised and resources are freed.
- 2011-08-09 (A) The case is closed now