- Case Number: a20100212.2
- Status: closed
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
- Claimants: Christian H
- Respondents: CAcert
Case Manager: AlexanderPrinsier
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-11-03
- Date of ruling: 2010-12-10
- Case closed: 2010-12-23
- Complaint: Account removal, member is deceased
- Relief: remove account
Before: Arbitrator UlrichSchroeter (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Christian H (C), Case: a20100212.2
- 2010-02-12 (issus.c.o) case [s20100212.88]
- 2010-02-15 (Support): account exists
- 2010-02-15 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2010-11-03 (CM): I'll take care about this case
- 2010-11-03 (A): I'll take care about this case
- 2010-11-03 (A): will skip the init notification for this special deceased case
- 2010-11-26 (A): no response expected, CCA/DRP acceptance doesn't exist
2010-11-26 (A): order to Support to hijack account to gather informations about Certs and Assurances following Delete Account procedure for Arbitrators
- 2010-12-09 (Support): [s20101126.40] informations sent to (A)
- 2010-11-26 (A): CCA/DRP acceptance doesn't exist
- 2010-11-26 (A): Support has requested a confirmation from dispute filing sender, confirmation rcvd 2010-02-12
- 2010-11-26 (A): addtl. note from (Support) dated 2010-02-15: account has 100 Points and assurer challenge is passed
- 2010-12-09 (Support):
- Assurances given: 0
- Certs issued: Yes, latest expire date: 2011-07-09, not strictly bound to CPS
- Father of user notified CAcert that the member is deceased, so therefor (C) requested on behalf of the member "Delete my Account". I've decided, to not ask for a confirmation request in this case, as the request was sent by the members account.
- On checking users account, it has been discovered that
- Assurances were Received
- No Assurances Given
- Client certs have been issued.
- So therefor I hereby follow step 6 of Delete Account procedure for Arbitrators
- (C)'s account should be deleted as requested by the users parent
- CCA terminates with day user died.
- Support should print out the current state of users account to pdf and send to (A)
- Support should follow the Delete Account procedure, especialy
- to revoke the listed client certs immediately
- Account data have to be annonymized in full.
- CCA termination date calculation (A): 2011-07-09 21:40
day 09 - 1 => 08
month 07 + 3 => 10
- calculated CCA termination date (A): 2011-10-08
- CCA termination date calculation (B): none
- CCA termination ruling date (C): 2010-12-10
- As this is a special case (member deceased), CCA termination ends with deceased date of a member.
- As there is no exact date notfied, the deceased date will be set to dispute filing date: 2010-02-12
- R/L/O goes back to CAcert in full. As there are still certs active, the risks and liabities bounced back to CAcert since day user died.
- It can be assumed, that the risks and liabilities are minimal, but needs to be taken seriously.
- CCA termation date calculated: 2010-02-12
- CAcert's risk + liability ends: ruling date + 3 months, 2011-03-09
- 2010-12-10 (A): Ruling and Exec request sent to (Support), (Board), (Treasurer), (CM)
- 2010-12-10 (Board): questions (#1) regarding ruling (see private part)
- 2010-12-10 (A): clarification to the ruling (#1)
- 2010-12-10 (Board): questions (#2) regarding ruling (see private part)
- 2010-12-10 (A): clarification to the ruling (#2)
- 2010-12-12 (Board): questions (#3) regarding ruling (see private part)
- 2010-12-13 (A): clarification to the ruling (#3)
- 2010-12-14 (A): clarification to the ruling (#3 part 2)
2010-12-22 (Support): [s20101210.1], exec report: printout current state, All certificates are revoked. The account has been anonymized & locked. Deleting the account would affect other users assurances.
- 2010-12-23 (A): Ruling and Exec report notification to (C), case closed.
- 2010-12-23 (NDR): 577 5.1.1 Recipient address rejected: undeliverable (for (C))
Link to Arbitration case a20100212.2 (Private Part), Access for (CM) + (A) only)