Arbitration / Training
The Training Course for Case Managers and Arbitrators
Lesson 60 - Appointment of Case Managers and Arbitrators
- Every Community member can nominate Arbitrators
The Arbitration Team appoints "dedicated Case Managers"1. One typical case of a dedicated Case Manager is a potential future Arbitrator.
- Arbitrators are appointed by Board motions.
The list of active Case Managers and Arbitrators will be update on the Wiki page List of Arbitrators and Case Managers
At the time Dispute Resolution Policy was written Case Managers were Support-Engineers. In the meanwhile, after the Support crisis in November 2009, practice has moved to pickup Case Managers from the Arbitration Team. So every Arbitrator is also a potential Case Manager. But Case Managers aren't directly Arbitrators. They have to undergo the Boards appointment procedure first.
Steps for nomination
- stay in contact with the nominee
- send nomination to cacert-board@list
- one arbitrator should confirm the nomination proposal / two arbitrators should confirm the nomination proposal if not sent by an arbitrator
- nominee should confirm his nomination proposal
- board has to start a motion
- initiator of the nomination proposal should send the result to the nominee
- initiator should trigger the next steps for the appointed Case Manager / Arbitrator to the nominee, to start with a request for @cacert.org email address (see next block)
What to do when appointed as Case Manager or Arbitrator
Request a @cacert.org mail address: Contact mail admin of infrastructure team, firstname.lastname@example.org
forward response to step #3 OTRS admins and step #4 mailing list admins
More information about Email setup can be found on Community Email
Get a certificate for the @cacert.org address. All communication by an Arbitrator or Case Manager should be digitally signed!
If not already present, add your entry to the List of Arbitrators, maybe add a personal page to the Wiki
DRO or mentor shall add the new member to Wiki ACL group ArbitrationGroup
- Write an introduction to Arbitration mailing list and ask for an experienced arbitrator to coach you through your first cases.
- Optional: connect to IRC.cacert.org, channel: #arbteam for live communications with other arbitrators and case managers
I use the term "dedicated Case Manager" to distinguish explicitly appointed Case managers from the implicit Case Managers like Support Engineers and Arbitrators. It is not a widely used terminus. (1)