Advisory Minutes 20071025
Teus, iang, Evaldo, Jens (later)
UK + Scandinavia
Evaldo has friend going to Stockholm 2 years, can engage him.
- call has gone to membership list by Evaldo
- email list compiled from spreadsheet / acting membership register
- should move to some database app at some stage
- register is superset of list currently
- news blog entry is done
- mention on wiki
- yearly report proposed to Evaldo and Greg, Greg has picked it up
- Robert busy on financial reports
- need seconders for nominations.
Teus to chase up, else ask Jens
Evaldo may have difficulty getting to the meeting
- call for nominators, seconders
- there is a table on motions.
- DE is DRAFT, Systems, etc
- BR is posted as WIP, no comments yet
- iang has contact working on US/NC.
Dutch Foundation has approached for an OA. Teus to do a SubPol.
- Linux World / NL will generate some requests as well
- CAcert Community Agreement
NDA clause -- probed people (iang)
transfer of rights: nothing done yet (iang)
- promulgation of NRP-DAL deferred until after current crisis.
Super assurer request from last week (ping to Jens)
- Outline of outside-system approach has been circulated in emails.
- Philipp's prefered internal approach is stalled by code audit and general overwork.
- Iang sent stiff letter to M-SC, delays in CATS are beyond acceptable.
- Iang proposed to drop the certificate linking in short term
- Jens (education officer) accepts this compromise
M-SC Concluded msc20071025.1:
- CATS is to be run outside core system:
- on a remote system outside the systems administration team but within CAcert jurisdiction.
Michelle to turn off private API usage for now within CATS and rely on single certificate.
Michelle to prepare/code appropriate format for successful tests to pass to philipp/core system. May also suggest code to incorporate log into the core system.
Evaldo to prepare test system
- Evaldo is sole sysadm for the machine.
DNS: Philipp cats.cacert.org to be delegated to that machine 22.214.171.124 .
M-SC prepare a plan and timeline Evaldo
- EO reminds testing questions overview is needed
- cc decision and plan to board.
- Systems has happened.
- Interest is big in OA
- reports been sent, will be wiki'd later
Teus to pick up Case Manager task for now
Iang to review the CM book.
- others are too busy.
- Teus and iang to discuss, including the stalled disputes.
- email servers to move to NL, decision of M-SC.
- blog and bugtracking are now off email machine and are in NL.
email systems should be moved by now, teus to ping
- email specification checked over by Matthias S, no big issues seen
evaldo suggests sympa rather than mailman, but later
- we need the architecture of the critical systems documented
- push the issues of systems administrators
- read deadline: possibly this weekend or monday again.
- FF to be checked Friday night
- contract signing is possibly too late
- Jens: not to be signed until read
- Jens to read FF contract in morning
- Stamp to be reviewed with view to closure.
- same as GPG
- Officers are quiet
- Sebastian is on Systems.
- M-SC to contact officers
- counselling by Jens.
- Assurance: create a team
- Journo writing a book about PKI, Teus to meet him
- minutes now all published
- Next Advisory meeting:
- pencil weekend 7th December.
- Jens place
- Teus can pick up iang at Dusseldorf