On the "create account" page basically two kind of information has to be entered:
- persistent data like name, date of birth etc.
- easily changeable data like password loopholing questions and the password itself
There is an imbalance between the importance of the data entered and the checking mechanism of this date furthermore the visual representation does not reflect the importance of the contained information.
I propose three measures:
- splitting the data entry page in two, one for persistent data one for other
- make personal data typed twice, same mechanism as password to prevent typos
- make every personal information field ignored by browser based autofill mechanism to enforce manual typing