Support Meeting MiniTOP-St. Augustin 21 Aug 2010
- Joost Steijlen
- Wolfgang Kasulke
- Dominik George (starting as SE end of August)
- Ulrich Schroeter (initiated the MiniTOP after discussions with Ian, taking minutes)
At FrOSCon St.Augustin, 2010-08-21 https://wiki.cacert.org/events/FrOSCon2010 we held a Support MiniTOP at lunchtime.
Ulrich asked around "when you've looked into the Support queue the last time?"
Joost "2-3 days ago"
Wolfgang is working on his private backlog after a break.
It was mentioned, that Michael also was not very active the last time (Michael is currently on vacation).
Joost: there are currently only 2-3 cases with state "open"
- most last linked to Michael. One case blocks Joost from continue ... x1) One Super-Assurer oldtimer made an Assurance and asked Support to add this Assurance to his account, as he can no longer add the Assurance, as he has not passed the Assurer challenge and he has no time to go through the Assurer challenge. x2)
Uli: from my experience on the disputes queue, I still see
- cases pending ... also if nobody picked these case up. Probably it relates to the timeout that is set on cases if nobody picks them up.
(some discussion on this topic)
Solutions ? Wolfgang: private busy, will return next little by little
- there are many short cases
Uli: Does prioritize helps ? Joost, Wolfgang: prioritize isn't needed Dominik: has queue permissions
- Webconsole access needs to be added
Uli: How long is the current queue ? Joost: approx 40
- we need recruitment x3)
Uli: before Assurance-MiniTOP-20090517,
https://svn.cacert.org/CAcert/Assurance/Minutes/20090517MiniTOP.html Dirk, Sebastian and me - we had some discussion about Support on the travel from Frankfurt to Munich. The conclusion was: CAcert needs a Support with 1st level and 2nd level Support Support team needs to be build up to 10 people Today we have the 2 levels: Triage and Support Engineers But we have currently only 5 SE's
- Michael, Werner, Joost, Wolfgang and probably upcoming Dominik
- So one plan is starting with recruitment asap x3)
- Wolfgang and Joost checking the queue and pick up
- cases little by little
x1) Joost gets mental blocked by one case.
- As Wolfgang wasn't available, Michael started vacation tour, Joost got frustrated. After the meeting I've talked with Wolfgang presenting him an example: Arbitration had a break from March till June. After Ted started picking up one case, other Arbitrators followed. So triggering the wheel by picking up a few cases, will probably also helps Joost block to fade away. Also to pick up the case Joost is blocking. Give the user a related answer, so this case will disappear.
x2) on rethinking this case in role of Arbitrator,
- this is probably a case for a dispute filing
x3) Recruitment started at booth after the MiniTOP