Support / Training
How to handle cases that are similar to precedent case a20111204.3 Minor account data differences which may be handled by SE
First the SE must check if the preconditions are met.
The preconditions are fixed in these documents
- Account must already have Assurance Points (otherwise the account owner can make the change him/herself)
- The difference must be minor (see below for details)
- No malicious intent is recognizable
- The account owner files or confirms the claim
What is a minor difference?
A minor difference is a mismatch which can be easily overlooked and is not changing the data significantly. Typical examples include:
Usually one missing, additional or modified character in the recorded name. An Exception to this is when the difference turns the name into another usual name (Maier -> Mayer or Meier -> Meiser) or the difference is very obvious (Hans -> Xans)
- Off-By-One in Date of Birth. Day, month or year differ by one.
- Mixup of month and day in DoB
- One different digit in day or month
Check for minor difference. If difference is not minor ==> Arbitration
- If dispute is not filed by account owner
- Send mail to account owner asking for a statement
If account owner rejects statement or does not answer within 14 days ==> Arbitration
Ask for two CARS by Assurers confirming the claim. If the two statements cannot be found within a reasonable time (about one month, longer periods may be accepted if it seems appropriate) ==> Arbitration
- Ask Assurers that have already assured the account ("Hasty Assurers") for a statement, requesting an answer within 14 days.
- If an Assurer can confirm the claim from notes, this counts as one of the needed confirmations.
If an Assurer explicitly rejects the claim ==> Arbitration
- If an Assurer cannot contribute information or does not answer within 14 days nothing happens (at the moment)
- When two confirmations can be collected and no one rejects the claim, the precedence ruling may applied and the following actions shall be made:
- Add the OTRS case number to the list at the end of this status page, by mailing it to the disputes bucket in OTRS if necessary access is not available.
- Modify the account according to the claim
- If the difference was in the recorded name, all certificates including the wrong name shall be revoked
- The "Warnings Database" (which still has to be implemented) shall be checked if any of the Hasty Assurers already has two warnings recorded.
- Hasty Assurers which do not already have two warnings shall be sent a mail encouraging them to administer more care in the future and have a warning added to the "Warnings Database".
If a Hasty Assurer already has two warnings recorded, file a new Dispute against the Assurer.
- Every party (including the Support Engineer) may request to transfer a case to Arbitration
- Every action and mail communication of the Support Engineer must be recorded in the ORTS case
- Until the "Warnings Database" is implemented the warnings may be skipped.
- This precedence ruling is intended to be reviewed and refined once the detailed requirements of the Warnings Database are known.
* Link to Support only part Mailing (Private Part)