With more and more people using x509 certificates, it is very important for CAcert’s message, product offerings, and it’s Web-Of-Trust (WoT) to be clearly understood and properly positioned in the certificate authority (CA) product domain. The marketing officer plays a key role in these areas.
The CAcert’s Marketing Officer will be a key contributor to the CAcert management teams marketing efforts. Primary responsibilities include: marketing planning, messaging development, market research, competitive and market analysis, and positioning; conducting research on market and user needs, trends, competitors, and target segments; developing a deep understanding of the certificate authority (CA) product domain, market trends, user pain points, competitive landscape, and key business drivers in collaboration with product management; crafting messaging for collateral, presentations, white papers, website, web seminars, trade shows, and other events; and assisting in PR and analyst relations activities as a product evangelist and spokesperson.
Typical work activities
- Supporting CAcert’s management team.
- Messaging development for advertising, promotions, and events.
- Perform market research, analysis, and planning to position CAcert.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of CAcert advertising, promotions, and events.
- Assist in the maintenance of existing information sources (wiki, website, ...)
- Able to contribute strategically and tactically in delivering on marketing objectives.
- Outstanding planning, writing, communications, and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in consumer software market. Solid understanding of Internet technology and competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams throughout the product marketing life cycle.
- At least 2 years of product marketing experience in consumer application software.
- Able to work effectively in a globally dispersed environment.
- Experience with open source an asset.
- BA, BS, MBA or equivalent experience.
The most important project of the Marketing Officer is the CAcert Marketing Plan presented to the Board and Association Membership at the AGM.