With thousands of assurers inside the community and almost a hundred thousand people already using CAcert certificates, there is a desperate need for proper education out there. As CAcert’s Education Officer you will be responsible for leading the Education Team so it can deliver workshops to the community, create eLearning content and provide other education opportunities.
Detailed Job Description
CAcert’s Education Team will design training courses in all areas of CAcert, in cooperation with other teams like Assurance team for Assurer Training Events or OrgAssurance team for education of Organisation Assurers. Other areas include training about the meaning of digital certificates, using certificates in different applications.
In addition to the creation of the training material, another part of your team's work is the proper delivery of that learning material, for example by implementing an elearning system.
Most of the training needed by the community can be created as self study material. Unfortunately there are some topics (for example: organisation assurance) which may need some moderated training. Therefore, topic number three you have to cover is the organisation of such moderated training events.
Typical work activities
- Carrying out training needs analysis: the level of people’s knowledge can vary greatly, so you may be delivering sessions on the basics of an application usage or you may be teaching very experienced computer users about the depths of certificate usage.
- Designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises.
Making sure that CATS, CAcert's eLearning platform is up and running.
- Organising and marketing courses to meet the needs of learners and demands of CAcert.
- Preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up an elearning system.
- Delivering training material to users either through a self guided Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) or on a moderated one-to-one basis.
- Supporting and coaching learners using self-learning packages.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the training and course outcomes.
- Keeping up to date with relevant training technology and CAcert processes.
- Maintaining the currently existing informational sources (wiki, website, ...)
- Dealing with CAcerts core team.
The most important project of the Education Officer is the CAcert EducationCampus - just have a look!