How to boost CAcert in your town, your region or your country?
1st: Create a local community
You have 100 assurance points (and maybe some experience points), so, why is it important to create a local community? Other wants also to get assured, if possible without traveling far away. That is the reason, why in each town should be a community of at least 10 assurers… and if in your country are just a few, then it is better to have 20 or 30 in your town, because it is not only the community of your town, but also of your province or even the country!
A Mailing list
check at https://lists.cacert.org//wws/lists i there is a mailing list in your language or for your country. The name would be something like cacert-de@.... (de as example for german language) or cacert-br@.... (br as example for Brazil)
- if yes, subscribe for the mailing list
- if not, start a mailing list in your language
at https://secure.cacert.org/wot.php?id=1 go to your country and invite other assurers to join the mailing list.
-> The mailing list is probably the easiest way to communicate, help and get in touch with others.
B Wiki localisation
Create a page at the CAcert wiki (wiki.cacert.org). The name would be something like SpanishCommunity (wiki.cacert.org/SpanishCommunity)
- Welcome new users in your language and invite them to subscribe the mailing list.
- Other information that can be added:
- What is CAcert
- How to become certificates
- How to get assured, …
- Try to share tasks with others
- Have a look to other linguistic communities (best look to them you understand a little bit the language)
2nd: Assuring parties, conferences, education, events, …
together with other assurers, organize local events (together, the assurers should be able to give 100< assurance points)
start small: f.ex. 3-5 assurers and each brings one candidate, meet in a local restaurant or pub. While eating or being, explain them CAcert and assure them if they want and they fulfill the conditions (but not at the bar after the 10th beer).
Where to get new people for CAcert
Well, you can just wait, someone send en e-mail to you and ask for an assurance. But for strengthen the community, it is proposed to look for some new people until there are at least 20 assurers in your town and at least 100 in your province. You may look
- at work (f.ex. if you have an IT job): all your colleagues are potential new members of the CAcert community
- at university – do you remember the professor you teached about IT security or …? Get him assured, and if he talks to his students (or you give a guest lecture about CAcert), they can become members too (and after studies, they move in other parts of the country).
- still at university – contact the IT department
- owners of (small) computer shops. Later, they can assure their clients
Inputs & Thoughts
Text / Your Statements, thoughts and e-mail snippets, Please