- Case Number: a20101201.1
- Status: Closed
- Respondents: Marcus Mängel
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
Case Manager: AndreasBäß
- Date of arbitration start: 2011-01-19
- Date of ruling: 2011-02-13
- Case closed: 2011-02-13
- Complaint: ABC over Marcus Maengel
- Relief: TBD
- 2010-12-01 (issue.c.o) case [s20101201.92]
- 2010-12-02 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2010-12-20 (iCM): rcvd paper CV from (R)
- 2011-01-18 (CM): I'll take care about this case as (CM)
- 2011-01-18 (A): I'll take care about this case as (A)
- 2011-01-19 (A): sent initmailing with request for CCA/DRP acceptance and a references list to (R)
- 2011-01-19 (A): It is presumed that (C) as support engineer t/l accepts CCA, by role under SP.
- 2011-01-19 (R): accepts CCA/DRP under this Arbitration
- 2011-01-19 (R): questions regarding reference list
- 2011-01-19 (A): answered questions of (R) regarding reference list
- 2011-01-20 (R): sent CV as pdf
- 2011-01-20 (A): on a phone talk with (R) re-requesting reference list
- 2011-01-21 (R): question regarding reference list
- 2011-01-21 (A): answered question regarding reference list to (R)
- 2011-01-25 (A): ABC interview with (CM), (R) did happen at Frankfurt airport around 17:30 and 19:30
- 2011-02-04 (A): reminder about missing reference list to (R)
- 2011-02-07 (A): discussion with Iang, who also was interviewer in several other ABC cases, regarding military services investigations
- 2011-02-10 (A): reminder about missing reference list to (R)
- 2011-02-10 (A): questions to (C) regarding (R)'s training period in move to Triage
- 2011-02-10 (C): response to questions
- 2011-02-12 (R): sends references list
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part) (optional)
Link to Arbitration case a20101201.1 (Private Part)
- The background check has not revealed any material issues in conflict with a role under Security Policy (SP).
- During the interview, one potential CoI was discovered. This was observed during the interview, and discussed. The relationship has no apparent force. We therefore conclude that although a CoI exists in theory, it does not represent a material threat to CAcert.
- Investigation of potential weaknesses in social engineering revealed that (R) has familiarity with this topic.
- (R) was questioned on background related to anticipated subject matter (Support). Knowledge is based on experiences as Triage member, studying SP/SM and passing the advanced tests for SE's former Support t/l applied.
- (R)'s statement in the interview about his low supported training phase into the Triage team raised me an eyebrow, that moving into the SE team will potentialy become also not that much supported in (R)'s eyes, (as the team members didn't change since that time). So therefor I give a note to (C), to take care about (R)'s training period moving into the SE team. Maybe this can be handled by a mentorship or by delegation within the team.
- 2011-02-13 (A): ruling sent to (C), (R), (Board), (CM). Case closed