- Case Number: a20100218.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Wolfgang K as SE, Stefan K
- Respondents: CAcert
Case Manager: MartinGummi
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-02-18
- Date of ruling: 2010-06-24
- Case closed: 2010-06-24
- Complaint: Problems with account, modified to Delete one of my accounts
- Relief: Resolve Account problem, Delete on of two user accounts
Before: Arbitrator name arbitor (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Wolfgang K (C) Stefan K (C2), Case: a20100218.1
- 2010-02-18 (issus.c.o) case [s20100212.56]
2010-02-18 (UlrichSchroeter): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2010-02-18 (A): IRC session with Software Engineer PG
- 2010-02-18 (A): forwared IRC log to (CM)
- 2010-02-18 (A): Email to user and Support with account in question, explain the problem, explaining the intermediate ruling, give advice for the next steps
- 2010-02-18 (A): Email to Assurer who first reported the problem to Support, explaining the problem, and order to hold the assurance, until problem is solved.
- 2010-02-18 (A): req. to support, to list Assurances of the two related accounts in question
- 2010-02-18 (A): rcvd info from Support about assurance points over both accounts
- 2010-02-19 (A): rcvd answer from user with problem account. added as (C2) to this case.
- 2010-02-19 (C2): please delete my account
- 2010-02-19 (C2): accepts CCA / DRP under this arbitration
- 2010-02-19 (A): Intermediate Ruling #2, sent to Support, (C2)
- 2010-02-19 (A): IRC session with Support: verification of account to delete
- 2010-02-19 (Support): cannot delete account - "No account could be found with this primary email address.". With given Email address only account #2 can be edited.
- 2010-02-19 (A): Intermediate Ruling #3, sent to (C2)
- 2010-02-23 (C2): User confirmed removal of conflicting email address in account #2
- 2010-02-23 (A): Support: please continue with the Intermediate Ruling #2 execution steps and please send me a confirmation once executed.
- 2010-02-23 (Support): answered: didn't work
- 2010-02-23 (A): intermediate ruling #4 to Software Engineer
- 2010-02-23 (A): IRC chat with Software Engineer: email address in question was marked as deleted in this account. So intermediate ruling #5 was: removal of delete flag for this email address in this account.
- 2010-02-23 (A): rcvd execution report from Software Engineer by email
- 2010-02-23 (A): order to Support, to continue with the execution steps from Intermediate Ruling #2
- 2010-02-24 (Support): .. has executed Intermediate ruling #2 steps - Delete an Account
- 2010-02-24 (A): Intermediate ruling #6 to (C2)
- 2010-02-24 (A): I've added the email address and set it as primary email address of this account.
- 2010-02-26 (A): sent notification to Assurer, to continue with the assurance over (C2). Please reply with a short info, that the problem is now solved.
- 2010-02-26 (A): rcvd Assurer response: problem with users email solved
- IRC session with Software Engineer : user has 2 accounts, 52572, 172657 and 2x2 email addresses
- no assurance points on both accounts yet
- 2010-02-24 - execution steps of intermediate ruling #2 - Delete an Account: question about Data retention for the deleted account is still open
- Whats about other conflicting cases in the database ?!?
- To Software Engineer: plz change 245198 to primary email of account 172657 to solve the email adress conflict
Frankfurt/Main, Feb 18th, 2010 Ulrich Schroeter
Intermediate Ruling #2
I order hereby, the removal of the account with current Name: Stefan K Primary Email Address: <email anonymized> Account ID: 52572
This account has not received any Assurance Points, has no flag IsAssurer and therefor has not given any Assurances to others.
Please follow the instructions given for the Delete an Account procedure. Lesson 20 - Arbitration Case - Delete Account Request to verify, that no certs bound to this account (I assume no certs were created yet) otherwise these certs needs to be revoked.
Frankfurt/Main, Feb 19th, 2010 Ulrich Schroeter
- The Delete an Account
is to solve the conflict with a double account and double Email address, 'caused by a software bug, allowing users to enter identical but case sensitive Email addresses a second time into the system.
Intermediate Ruling #3
There is a problem in executing intermediate Ruling #2 (see below).
The problem with the Email address <email address in question> results in a conflict / limitation of the admin console interface, to display only one account. As verified, the 2nd account, who shouldn't be deleted.
So therefor I request from the user Stefan K, the temporary removal of the Email address in conflict:
<email address in question>
from the account with the current Email address:
<primary email address account #2>
Please login to your account:
<primary email address account #2>
Go to email addresses, and remove the email address: <email address in question>
Please reply to this Email, once you've executed the temporary removel of the email address in question.
The next steps will be: So Support can continue with the action required by intermediate ruling #2 If these steps has been executed, I'll leave you a note, that you can reenter the email address in question into the system.
Frankfurt/Main, Feb 19th 2010 Ulrich Schroeter
Intermediate Ruling #4
I've ordered the user to remove the duplicate email address in the users 2nd Account. He had removed this email address, so the Email Address in question is only once in the database in the users 1st account.
- But probably database view on cacert.users and cacert.email tables is:
- users table: email address still available
- email table: email address missing caused by removal of email address from intermediate ruling #3 to the user
- is this correct ? please execute database query for this account.
Intermediate Ruling #5
To Software Engineer:
- please remove delete flag for this email address in question in account #1 of this user, to remove the deadlock that is given to handle this account by an SE
Intermediate Ruling #6
I hereby ask the user, to re-add the email address in question:
<problem email address>
to his running account with the primary email address
<primary email address>
If added to the account, please switch this re-added email address to make it the primary email address of this account.
Please reply to this email if you've executed this request.
This case has been handled thru intermediate rulings #1 to #6. This case could not be solved by only a Support Engineer, also a Software Engineer needs to be contacted.
- first to analyze the problem
- to solve the problem
At each execution step a 4 eyes principle has been followed.
This Delete an Account request is no termination of CCA, because user continues with his 2nd account. So therefor this Delete Account request can be handled without delay. No reliance broken.
So intermediate rulings also affirmed by this final ruling.
Problem solved. Case closed.
Frankfurt/Main, June 24th, 2010
- 2010-06-24 (A): notification to involved parties. case closed.