- Case Number: a20091117.2
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Roland J.
- Respondents: CAcert
Case Manager: MarioLipinski
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-08-31
- Date of ruling: 2010-12-12
- Case closed: 2010-12-20
- Complaint: name correction in account
I've attended yesterday the OpenSrcExpo09 Karlsruhe event. The assurers there told me, that i have a problem with my name in my account, that i've created in june 2005. The name is written as "Roland J... rj" and should be corrected to: "Roland J..." (removal of the suffix "rj") I was assured by 5 assurers on the booth. (5 assurers names followed with their corrosponding email addresses) who can confirm my identity but cannot transfer their points. As i have allways 120 points on my account, i cannot change the name by myself. What i've learned from the experienced assurers regarding the rules: removal of names, or name parts is possible and you can only assure what you have seen in the ID documents the 'rj' suffix isn't on my ID documents and following the updated PracticeOnNames i have to remove the 'rj' suffix, so the assurers can transfer their assurance points to my account. To speed up the arbitration process, i make the following statement regarding the CARS program (CAcert Assurer Reliable Statement) I hereby accept the CAcert Community Agreement and the DRP under the arbitration. Roland J. CARS
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator BernhardFröhlich (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Roland J. (C), Case: a20091117.2
2010-08-30 (A): I'll take this case as Arbitrator, MarioLipinski will be Case Manager.
- 2010-09-01 (A): Sent initial Mail to C
- 2010-10-03 (A): Sent reminder to C
- 2010-11-07 (A): Sent second reminder to C
- 2010-12-07 (A): Sent mail to Assurers named by the Claimant as witnesses, requesting information.
- Claimant does not respond to Arbitrator's communication request.
- Statements of Assurers named as witnesses:
- Gero T.: Confirms claim
- Ulrich S: Confirms claim
- Michael T.: Confirms claim
- Stefan G.: Confirms claim
- Cédric M.: (No Answer)
I hereby rule that support shall remove the suffix "rj" from the Claimant's account. No removal of Assurance or Experience Points is necessary. Since the modification is minor and no potential of abuse can be seen it is not necessary to revoke existing certificates.
The Assurers who have already assured the account shall be notified that such suffixes have to be verifiable.
Note: Since the Claimant's request was to remove an optional part of his name, the verification by the witnesses would not have been necessary.
- 2010-12-12 (A): Sent mail to Support asking which Assurers have already assured the account, and ordered modification of the account.
- 2010-12-13 (Support): Ralf N. has assured the Claimant before
- 2010-12-20 (A): Sent mail to Ralf N. informing him on the case.
- 2010-12-20 (A): Notified Witnesses and Claimant that the account is modified.
- 2010-12-20 (A): The case is closed now.