- Case Number: a20091116.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: M. H. Jensen
- Respondents: CAcert
Case Manager: AlexanderPrinsier
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-01-07
- Date of ruling: 2010-01-18
- Case closed: 2010-01-28
- Complaint: Jensen Account removal
Original mail archived at disputes list archive
Please remove my account at CAcert as I will not have to use it. (I thought I did) No certificates have been issues or used.
- Relief: Account deleted
Before: Arbitrator BernhardFröhlich (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: M. H. Jensen (C), Case: a20091116.1
2009-11-27 (UlrichSchroeter): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2010-01-03 A: Appointed Arbitrator
- 2010-01-07 Case Manager selected, Arbitration starting
- 2010-01-08 A: Sent initial mail
- 2010-01-09 C responded to initial mail and accepts CCA/DRP.
- 2010-01-09 A: Sent request to support for information about C's account, autorisation to hijack account when necessary is given.
- 2010-01-09 Support reports: No certificates issued, no Assurance Points awarded
- 2010-01-18 A: Sent request to support to delete the account.
- 2010-01-28 A: Asked support for status. The account cannot be found any more, probably the confirmation mail just got lost.
- 2010-01-28 Support confirms that the ruling is executed.
- 2010-01-28 A: Notified the Claimant that the account is deleted.
- 2010-01-28 A: The case is closed.
Support confirms the Claimant's statement that there have been no certificates issued by this account.
No significant difference to case a20090926.1 can be found.
Mirroring the ruling on case a20090926.1 I give the same ruling:
Since no certificates have been created, so there's no way that other CAcert members could have relied on them and no data is needed for certificate processing.
It is very improbable that any disputes are filed against this account in the future, so I judge that the user's desire for privacy beats the remaining risk of CAcert of needing his data for a future dispute.
I therefore rule that
the primary mail adress should be set to email@example.com
- all name fields of the user's account shall be changed to the string "a20091116.1"
- the Date of Birth recorded in the account shall be set to Jan 01 1970
- all domains and additional mail adresses shall be deleted from the account
- the account shall be deleted afterwards
2010-01-18 A: Sent request to support to delete the account.
2010-01-28 Support confirms that the ruling is executed.
2010-01-28 A: Notified the Claimant that the account is deleted.