- Case Number: a20090702.1
- Status: closed
- SM85 state: Member requests controlled change
- Claimants: Nick Bebout (nb at cacert dot org)
- Respondents: CAcert
Case Manager: MartinGummi
- former CM: Bernhard Froehlich
- Date of arbitration start: 2009-12-07
- Date of ruling: 2010-07-22
- Case closed: 2010-07-22
- Complaint: Request to add full middle name to account
Hi fellow case managers/arbitrators, I would like to add my full middle name to my account. My name in my account is listed as Nicholas E. Bebout My full name is Nicholas Edward Bebout I can provide to the arbitrator scanned copies of my drivers license, US Passport, US Passport Card, and birth certificate if they would like. I could also have my identity verified by a notary public in a form similar to the trusted third party program (I know that program is currently discontinued). I also show up in the Indiana notary public database with my full name. That database is available online. Nick
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator UlrichSchroeter (A). Respondent: CAcert (R) Claimant: Nick Bebout (C) Case: a20090702.1
- 2009-12-01 (A): I'll take care as (A) in this case
- 2009-12-02 (CM): I'll take care this case
- 2009-12-07 (CM): request to support: who assured (C) ?
- 2009-12-07 (CM): rcvd response from support
- 2009-12-08 (CM): req. to assurer about name infos or CAP scan
- 2009-12-26 (A): re-request CAP form scan from Greg S.
- 2009-12-26 (A): request scan from drivers license and Passport from (C)
- 2009-12-26 (A): rcvd notice from (C) that he will send scan tonight
- 2010-01-03 (A): rcvd driver license, passport scans from (C)
- 2010-01-12 (A): (C) offered Assurance Events near his city. Query when the assurance events may happen ? Is this an option doing mutual assurances for name change verification ?
- 2010-02-26 (A): reminder to email from Jan 12th to (C)
- 2010-02-26 (A): I need to get back with some people on scheduling the assurance events. At the moment I do not know. But yes, that may be possible to get re-assured, I will let you know as soon as I find out something.
- 2010-02-26 (A): Intermediate Ruling
- 2010-06-29 (A): requesting re-assurance progress report from (C)
- 2010-06-29 (A): rcvd NDR for Nicks private email addr
- 2010-06-29 (A): 2nd try of mail delivery to @c.o addr
- 2010-07-15 (A): (C) is unresponsive now since at least 3 months. Contact tries thru e-mail, irc hasn't been answered by (C). As of the On Hold state of this case till end of May, its now about 6 weeks w/o response from (C)
- 2010-07-16 (A): by my fault in using a wrong alias in private email address of (C), I've resend the progress report request to the c.o and the corrected private email address of (C)
- 2010-07-22 (C): status of my arb case is that i wish to withdraw it for now
US passport informations
- I hereby set the state of this Arbitration case on Hold for about 3 months, to let (C) doing a re-assurance, with one scheduled review each month and a short update note from (C) at the end of each month (requested or automaticly)
- I hereby order, that this arbitration case should be closed without further actions on (C)'s request
- (C) has the option to restart this case by filing a new dispute with a link to this case, so the yet discovered informations doesn't gets lost. The Arbitrator in the new case should contact the (A) in this case.
- On re-filing a dispute, this case shouldn't be handled as apeal to this case, as (C) runs currently out of time to handle this case in a timely manner and therefor this case now will be closed.
- The intermediate ruling dated 2010-02-26 is repealed
Frankfurt/Main, July 22, 2010
- 2010-07-22 (A): sent ruling to (C), (CM), (DRO), case closed