Arbitration / Training
The Training Course for Case Managers and Arbitrators
Lesson 33 - Arbitration - Discussion
- The Arbitration Process flow can be split in 5 - 6 steps:
- Pickup - Accept as Arbitration or Dismiss
- Search for Case Manager / Arbitrator, Init mailing
- Investigation process / Discovery
- Intermediate Rulings
- Apart from the Discovery and Deliberation there is a third option: Discussion
- In Discovery you'll try to find facts. But sometimes you can ask 3 different experts and you'll get 3 different answers, especially on System or Software related cases
- Software and System related cases often need Expert discussions
- You can collect the answers from the experts under Discovery or you open a new section: Discussion, where you put the facts from the experts to split these answers from the facts you've received from Support or from Dispute filing or from Wiki pages or or or ...
- Scenario: you have to handle a case which relates several areas from within CAcert, where each group has different interests.
- to get an overview over the different interests, you have to open an open discussion to get these interests collected
- there are many, not yet well discussed issues within the community. To find yourself an answer is difficult. Discussing with others is sometimes helpful
- Sometimes there are several options for a solution. To find the best solution ask the experts.
- When you should open a Discussion section ?