Arbitration / Training
The Training Course for Case Managers and Arbitrators
Lesson 21 - Categorisation of Arbitration Case
From source Support Of Arbitration
1.3 What is a Dispute?
As per Security Manual 8.5, a support event becomes a dispute when:
Member requests dispute. This means, that if a member has stated that it should be a dispute, the member's wishes override and the event becomes a dispute. Support cannot deny or re-interpret the Member's wishes to this extent, that is left up to the Arbitrators who can easily decline to hear a case, or can dismiss it.
Member requests controlled change. The Member requests a change that can only be done by wider authorisation. This is an administrative dispute which is to say nothing has been done "wrong". For example, the most common dispute is a change of of the Name details. In practice, what is happening here is that Arbitrator is performing a 4 eyes or dual control check over some event that could be misused.
External Demand. Any demand, request, order or similar is made from an official or apparently official source. No SE is authorised to act for an external source, the authority from CAcert does not exist. This is in order to protect you from social engineering and unlawful requests. All such requests must be placed before the Arbitrator, who has the responsibility to determine that such a request is to be met or otherwise.
(u60) should this be named under the header section of each arbitration case Wiki page?
Arbitration (from SM 8.5)
Arbitration is a major responsibility of the support team:
- determine which support requests must be referred to Arbitration. These include issues which:
- require Authority
- require guidance or are complicated
- cannot be easily fit into an existing ruling that gives blanket authority
- are requested as filed disputes by the person
involve termination of the account or agreement. CCA3.3
- where a Support Engineer acts without authority in an emergency situation
where any demand, request, order is made from an official or apparently official source. See SP9.3.2.
- An assurer files a dispute after an event. The assuree's DoB doesn't match. Under which !category this case needs to be handled?
- A request has been received to the SE for a project. SE decides to forward this request to the Arbitration team. Which !category fits to this case?