Arbitration / Training
The Training Course for Case Managers and Arbitrators
Lesson 4 - Creating a new Arbitration case
State: Jan 16th 2010
- A new ticketing system (OTRS) has been deployed.
- This means changes in the pickup of new cases from the OTRS disputes channel
- Please keep yourself informed
Request an Account on OTRS
- As Case Manager / Arbitrator, you have to request an OTRS account
- Send your request to the Support Team Leader or OTRS Admin (Mario)
Pickup of Dispute filings from Ticketing System
- Open issue.cacert.org
- connect with your account
- check the disputes channel
- open one case in the zoom view
- check if additional notes from Support are in the ticket history
- if there exists additional notes, open all additional notes
- add these additional mailings/notes/comments to the mail that you are forwarding to the cacert-disputes mailing list
- open each additional note
paste into the forward under Addtl. Note from within OTRS
switch next state to Open (for adding later the arbitration case number!)
forward to: <cacert DASH disputes AT lists DOT cacert DOT org>
- the case will continue to be open from within OTRS after mail is sent
- continue with the work by 'Pickup new cases from cacert-disputes mailing list'
Pickup new cases from cacert-disputes mailing list
- as of Jan 16th 2010, the OTRS ticketing system is still active and dispute filings going only through the disputes channel of OTRS, so this needs additional handling by the Case Managers before (see above)
One from the Case Managers / Arbitration team picks up new disputes from <cacert-disputes AT lists DOT cacert DOT org>
check in <cacert DASH disputes AT lists DOT cacert DOT org> if additional mails exists regarding this case
check in <cacert DASH arbitration AT lists DOT cacert DOT org> if another CaseManager already picked up this case and started a notification.
On cases based on misuse of certificates, pickup this case ASAP There might be Delete my Account cases in the SE's ticket queue awaiting processing (on hold, current processing) following the precedent case a20111128.3. Send an email to (Support), (Support should check if there is a pending delete account case regarding the given username and email address, (Support) should stop this special Delete my Account request and should report back the initial informations: Certs states, delete my account ticket#. Please escalate this case to an Arbitrator for review.
Check also the Pending Arbitration Cases Wiki page if a similar case exists (for merging this case).
If nothing prevents from above steps in creating a new case you have to pick up the case and create a new case at the Wiki page Pending Arbitration Cases.
- Check last entries on this page, if a case was created this day before. If yes, increment the number of the day, that starts at 1.
- Create the new case through the bottom field by using the default schema: aYYYYMMDD.# from the original case dispute filing date
Fill out the new Wiki page (see also Lesson05 - Editing the initial Wiki page for new arbitrations). Please use only shortened names (First name and first letter of last name) here!
- Create a private part of the case containing the full names, email addresses and initial mailing from the template.
send a notification mail in <cacert DASH arbitration AT lists DOT cacert DOT org> and the Claimants and probably Respondents email address (as notification to the Claimant, that the case has been picked up by the Arbitration system), that you have created a new case and now searching for (a Case Manager and) an Arbitrator.
* Template Notification mail to <cacert DASH arbitration AT lists DOT cacert DOT org> by forwarding the original dispute filing mail
To: firstname.lastname@example.org CC: <email claimant> [, <email respondent> (optional)], <email@example.com> Subject: Arbitration case <new casenumber> - "Dispute filing text" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Case Managers, Arbitrators, a new dispute filing has been received Arbitration case <new casenumber> https://wiki.cacert.org/Arbitrations/<new casenumber> The search for a Case Manager and Arbitrator is still open <attached original dispute filing>
- If you're interested and wants to take care as Case Manager or Arbitrator about this case, you can remove the CM or A part in this mail and add a note to this mail, that you'll take care about this case as CM or A.
- Then you have also to modify the Wiki page at the newly created page.
Sent Notification to (C) / (R)
- As new cases tends to be delayed until a CM writes the initial mailing, you can write notification to the dispute filing parties: Claimant and Respondent
- Template for notification mail to (C) and (R)
To: <claimants email>, <respondents email> Re: New Arbitration case a20######.# - "short complaint text" (as in Wiki overview) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi <claimant>, Hi <respondent>, The dispute filing has been received, the Arbitration case number is: a20######.# You can find the current state of this arbitration case at: https://wiki.cacert.org/Arbitrations/a20######.# The search for a Case Manager and Arbitrator is still open. Given the current backlog of arbitration cases, this might take some time. If you consider your case as urgent please notify me so I can try to prioritize your case. As the next step a Case Manager or Arbitrator will contact you with a initial mailing as soon he gets appointed to this case.
Update Ticket in OTRS
select the close of the ticket number
add the arbitration case number link as comment -> https://wiki.cacert.org/Arbitrations/<new casenumber>
next state: Close (is automatically selected)
push send to close the ticket
- What is the difference between Dispute Emails and Arbitration Emails ?
- To which Email address have users to address their Disputes ?
- From where have Case Managers to pickup new disputes ?
BernhardFröhlich: Tried to initiate a case following the instructions here and it worked OK. If I find some time I'll try a few clarifications.