Minutes Advisory / Management Sub-Committee meeting 20071129
maillist? Teus to chase.
backup recovery plan, followup still to be done by Evaldo
- failure of memory on core+db indicated
- agreed to defer any attention to next year
- after move NL and rebuild of sysadm / software teams
hvl is busy at the moment. Teus to get in contact.
- test system access
- hvl is added
- decision: also add the Rudis.
- plan for move
- delivered tuesday in v0.1
- no comments in mail
decision: critical systems administrators get access to both machines, this is not acceptable in medium term, but has to be done for now.
- the signing server can be any of the available servers, as it is has no access except over the serial cable
- (discussion about the dual access and BIT responsibilities)
- Teus: comments discussed, some changes made. Need to forward to board.
- agreed to re-open agenda point at end with Philipp
- Discussion with Phillip
- Rudis can be made available to help access
- Estimate that it will take one man-month work (experienced)
This is the same as the AU->AT move
1st step is to build the software suite and load test data & config
- Once running and tested, estimated 2 hours of down time to move real data
- some discussion on DNS and Reflectors.
- Evaldo can help with building the systems
- KVM access is not available in secure form
- Evaldo might be able to propose a VPN solution later (security, SSH, Tix, KVM, etc...)
- issue is that the signing server needs a lot of attention
- Philipp and Evaldo to work on it over the weekend
- monday deadline for comments
- IRC machine
- port 80/443 connections are being delivered with a single source IP# which is the Tunix firewall
- IP# should be from the client machine of the user
evaldo to file separate bug
- the default situation with Tunix is that they are screening.
- this may meen that they are screening SSL sessions.
- Teus cannot comment on screening as has Oophaga hat on
- Evaldo and Iang raised doubts in email.
Evaldo to discuss with Philipp.
Iang to clearly stress the audit context on this.
- CATS is up and going,
- Evaldo to write a 5 mins script, waiting on Jens.
- an email should go out to announce the CATS to board + close insiders
- Michael is to review CATS code
NRP-DaL ==> still needs rework
- do this at same time as the style guide rework.
policy has privacy mods, needs to be voted. teus to chase Jens and Evaldo by reforwarding the post
- FSFE transfer language, email to propose the changes to come
- Audit Funding
iang to comment with Valer
iang to propose half retainer to CAcert
- Security Manual
- greg introduced the question to Pat, then stepped out of the way
teus to comment on remuneration
- maybe request a plan, but not obvious what that would be
Henrik's proposal ==> evaldos list
- Henrik to be freed from House Style area
- offices to be reorganised? Debate continues
- Johann had an issue with PR