Minutes Advisory / Management Sub-Committee meeting 20071115
Teus, iang, Evaldo.
- Financial report ok
- executive report? Greg has uploaded it.
- secretary's report
- membership list is still work in progress
- lots of holes
- resolution has been put forward to drop members from association if not paid up for 3 years
- Evaldo to send a last chance email, out of an abundance of caution.
- no word on ggr talk
- if ggr has not talked to hans, then need fallback from board
- fallback can be Evaldo calls Hans
- then board request to add
- Teus to write to ggr: hand over to Evaldo
- IRC server is installed, working.
- waiting on the firewall changes
- email is not there yet, but not a dependency
- web-IRC is in place
- Evaldo to update the wiki entry with instructions
- Evaldo has control of the IRC
- Evaldo asked to document the process of how to hand over a VM.
- port 80, should be open
- philipp wants people to use HTTPS
- proxies refuse https?
- AGM will need wide access to all members so there is no possibility of closing off port 80 for the moment.
- CAcert / Oophaga borderlines: where are they?
- in the MoU.
- no useful info on the move
- invite Philipp to meeting next week to present a plan on systems move
- if no plan, we'll discuss and create.
Systems - other issues
- comms with systems department, and to Oophaga + Tunix
- is there a technical systems email list
- if not, start it, and let's get on it
- if so, who is on, and let's get on it
- CATS server is ready, domain in place, SSL ok
- ascii code review: this weekend
- deadline to be chosen when testing starts
- moved DRP-NaL onto main website
- DPA suggestions made, all seem ok.
should put it on policy list -- Evaldo
- still need to verify the FSFE transfer language
- AGM should be encouraged to take CCA as a concept
- CCA draft can go as a new draft, with changes bolded.
- Main web site
- johannes redesigned the web
- only small changes to logos accepted
- lots of issues to address to get these changes into place
- Audit news, response
- NLnet sidestepped the governance arrangement
- feedback to NLnet: tune memorandum?
- make Oophaga the primary party
- are there other possibilities?
make a discussion paper on the options iang
- Project "CAcert-Token"
- teus questioned open source / licensing issues
- evaldo also confirmed
- perhaps get a handful 10 hand it around and test it
- alladin has an association with the open world, but are there real advantages?
should stress the need for an open solution given linux & mac users in community