NOTA BENE - WORK IN PROGRESS - Your Inputs & Thoughts
CAcert.org Style Guide - comma Background
The Styleguide is in effect with Board motion:
m20071129.1: CAcert house style document and Web redesign
Current Style Guide can be found at: CAcert.org Style Guide - Version 0.4 - October 2007
- The Style Guide does not currently cover digital media such as:
- Web Site, Blog, Wiki, E-Mail Lists,
- future forum (what would solve some privacy issues as well!),
- detailed usage for below the line communication.
Purpose of Style Guide Project
- - One OFFICIAL Style Guide at one place
- - Complete actual Style Guide with digital media and below the line communication
- - Development and production of templates for use by CAcert.org Community.
- - Review copyrights / proven ownership of actual CAcert logo
Elements of Style Guide
Inputs & Thoughts
* Add Intermediate colors to be used for web design or graphic elements * Discuss how links in (print style) documents should look * provide a complete template set for adequate (Open Source) Software for documents (e.g. Scribus for professional printing, OpenOffice.org and Microsoft Office for presentations and simple text documents, Photoshop (and maybe Gimp) for web design)
- 20110323 u60
There still exists a styleguide (https://svn.cacert.org/CAcert/PR/CAcert_Styleguide.pdf Version 0.4 – October 2007) but this has to read as a WIP or as a proposal. On my research thru the archives I did not find any motions, nor decisions so far that brings this document to at least DRAFT state to make this "official" or reading in policies bring this to "binding". Maybe its backed up by the IPR (usage of logo), but also for this topic I didn't found the source. So in essence, this styleguide has to be read as a commendation, but not as binding.
- 201104-07 u60
Answer found in board motion: m20071129.1
Text / Your Statements, thoughts and e-mail snippets, Please