NOTA BENE - WORK IN PROGRESS - Your Inputs & Thoughts
CAcert.org Education Campus - Project Development
- It is our vision to create a CAcert.org Education Campus where everyone using our certificates, working as an Assurer or just seeking some information can find the trainings and tutorials that they're looking for.
- There is definitely a long way to go, so this wiki entry should describe the ideas behind this vision, the work currently in progress, and the resources that are now available.
BillStander - English translation checker
MichelleStahl - Original developer of the CATS.
HenryVerbeek - Translation to Dutch Language
Iang - something or other
U60 - other or something!
- Several other proof readers, though we always need more...
Available Education Material
Please join the Education Mailing List for discussions and questions within the education area. On that maillist, you can mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org ... thanks for your feedback!
- - Final Version of the Assurer Training is available in german and english
- - CATS (CAcert Automated Training System) is online since beginning of 2008
- AssurerChallenge is running on CATS. Have you already tried it? Over 4000 Assurers have risen to the challenge!
- First set of materials for Assurer Training Events
How can you help?
- That depends on what you can do. We always need people who translate and proofread CATS questions.
Higher Challenge. If you are an Assurer and frequently encounter some questions (from other Assurers or Assurees) which are currently not covered by the Challenge please say so on Education Mailing List, so we can think about making new questions for the Test. Note: if you can give the correct answer as well as some false ones you'll considerably ease our task.
Better Materials! If you prefer to do authoring we can always use new or improved training material on every CAcert relevant topic. Browse https://svn.cacert.org/CAcert/Education/ for some examples of work already done.
Improving CATS. Web developers are invited to improve CATS. CATS is implemented in PHP, some knowledge with SQL would come in handy but is not essential. Have a look at reported bugs on the Bug Tracking System to see where help is needed most. The code is published at https://github.com/CAcertOrg/cats, some developer documentation is located at Software/CATS/Developer.
Translating CATS Translation of CATS test and user interface is another task which requires quite different skills as compared to the other ones. The CATS Translation Page shows the process how translations are done.
- If you find a task you want to try your skill at, please say so on the mailing list. Don't stop if the task is already assigned to someone, ask anyway!
Creating materials for co-auditors. During Arbitration Case a20140305.1 there have been complaints that there's insifficient training for co-auditors. Therefor the Education Team should try to create some materials.
- Create some new questions which outline differences between old practice and new policy
- Polishing CATS
- Finish dutch translation for CATS, it is not far from being completed but is currently stalled.
- Some additional languages for CATS questions.
- Creating material for training of Organisation Assurers, See OrganisationAssurance/Manual
Hopes for the future
- Writing a CAcert education book
- Developing end-user trainings, application trainings, ...
- Integrating the Orga Assurer training into CATS.
Inputs & Thoughts
Text / Your Statements, thoughts and e-mail snippets, Please