- Case Number: a20101110.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Willy Z
- Respondents: CAcert
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
Case Manager: LambertHofstra
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-11-10
- Date of ruling: 2010-11-22
- Case closed: 2010-12-13
- Complaint: account cleanup / recovery
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator UlrichSchroeter (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Willy Z (C), Case: a20101110.1
- 2010-11-10 (issue.c.o) case [s20101106.17]
- 2010-11-10 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2010-11-10 (CM): I'll take care about this case as Case Manager
- 2010-11-10 (A): I'll take care about this case as Arbitrator
- 2010-11-09 (C): accepts CCA/DRP under this arbitration within dispute filing email
- 2010-11-09 (C): names witness (AS3) from within dispute filing email
- 2010-11-10 (A): Support, Please provide me with the list of assurances received by (C)
- 2010-11-10 (Support): [s20101110.118] sends list with 2 assurances rcvd (AS1), (AS2)
- 2010-11-11 (A): request about verification of (C)'s name change request
- 2010-11-11 (A): request for names read in ID docs of (C) to (AS1), (AS2), (AS3)
- 2010-11-11 (AS1): response to req of (A)
- 2010-11-11 (AS2): confirms givenname to name change req
- 2010-11-11 (A): to (AS1): typo in reply ? requesting CAP form scan
- 2010-11-11 (C): confirms name change request
- 2010-11-11 (AS3): responded to req: 2x name as expected, 1x probably typo within one email
- 2010-11-11 (AS3): forward of email from (AS3) to (C) about name difference with name seen in ID doc (dated 2010-11-07)
- 2010-11-11 (A): email to (AS1), (AS2), (AS3): 3 assurers, 3 givenname variants, req for CAP form scan from (AS1), (AS3)
- 2010-11-11 (AS3): confirms that last email contains 1 typo, correct givenname retyped
- 2010-11-13 (AS1): I am not at home until thursday next week to answer that question properly
- 2010-11-19 (C): requests progress report
- 2010-11-19 (A): reminder to (AS1)
- 2010-11-19 (A): response to (C) with progress report
- 2010-11-20 (AS1): responded, made a typo on first response, sent in CAP form scan
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part)
Link to Arbitration case a20101110.1 (Private Part), Access for (CM) + (A) only)
- 2010-11-10 (A)
- dispute is ...
- a "delete my account" request to free up email address to create a new account with corrected givenname
- a pwd-reset request to (Support) to recover account access
- a "change my givenname" to correct problem with givenname
- dispute is ...
- 2010-11-11 (A) following the "change givenname" and "pwd-reset" procedure
confirms to name change request
- currently one account exists
- request is an account cleanup request
- The case had a chance to be handled simply thru an email dispute by creating a secondary account, but the Assurers informed Assuree a different way, so this case moved to arbitration, now to be handled thru arbitration. So the "delete account" is no option here, also the 2nd account doesn't exist.
- Reviewing all the facts, I order hereby Support, that the givenname in the users account should be corrected as confirmed by 3 Assurers
- A password reset should be initiated on users account if not yet done thru support. (One Email from support indicates, that this request allready had been passed)
Assurers didn't created an A Word, so the Password Reset w/ Assurance procedure needs some variation w/o the A-Word on that procedure. The users identity can be confirmed by above listed Assurers. So this should become a variation on a20100407.1 one time only (w/o precendents). Further I rule, that this pwd reset should be handled immideatly w/o further blocking of password fee request. A donation request is acceptable to this case.
Add descriptive help text to "Join CAcert" for Givennames, Middlenames, Lastnames, Suffixes to be entered into each of the join form fields so that users entering their data into the fields and later verified by Assurers against their ID docs doesn't run into a problem at home comparing the informations on CAP forms against the data in the online form. This task has been burdened to the Assurers, to take care about differences on the CAP form against online data but is a source of problems again and again. Bug #874 has been closed. So I suggest Software-Assessors to reopen Bug #874, 'cause similiar bug #846 only covers details on Suffixes. Bug #874 has a wider purpose (eg. make sure you enter your full name as given in your official documents, enter your email address, make sure your email address is working all the time, ...) ) and hasn't been fixed.
- 2010-11-22 (A): sent ruling to (C), (Support), (Software-Assessors), (CM)
- 2010-11-22 (A): sent exec request to (Support) with exec report request
- 2010-11-22 (A): sent exec request to (Software-Assessors) with exec report request (mantis bug #)
- 2010-12-02 (Support): [s20101122.4] - Givenname corrected on (C)'s account, To my knowledge there hasn't been a password reset yet.
- 2010-12-02 (A): [s20101106.17] indicates a finished password reset, please to confirm
- 2010-12-03 (Support): [s20101122.4] - a password reset didn't happen
- 2010-12-03 (A): [s20101122.4] request about payment or not, also clarification for modified "Password Reset w/ Assurance" procedure, options a) + b)
- 2010-12-09 (Support): [s20101122.4] Payment received. Will continue with option a)
- 2010-12-10 (A): confirmation to (Support) next exec steps under option a)
- 2010-12-12 (Support): [s20101122.4] Passwort reset executed, user reports successful login and change of the password. Case can continue.
- 2010-12-13 (A): Notification to (C), (AS1), (AS2), (AS3) about Support executes. Case closed.