- Case Number: a20100728.1
- Status: Closed
- Claimants: Bert VdP
- Respondents: Frédéric M.
Case Manager: BernhardFröhlich
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-12-13
- Date of ruling: 2011-02-13
- Case closed: 2011-02-22
- Complaint: Typo in account name
Before: Arbitrator UlrichSchroeter (A), Respondent: Frédéric M. (R), Claimant: Bert VdP (C), Case: a20100728.1
2010-07-28 (issue.c.o) case s20100728.45
2010-08-08 (BernhardFröhlich): added to wiki, request for A, archived in Dispute Mailing list
- 2010-08-08 (CM): Sent initiating mail to (C) and (R)
- 2010-08-18 (C): replies to initiating mail and accepts CCA and DRP
- 2010-11-26 (A): I'll take care about this case as Arbitrator
- 2010-11-26 (A): request to (Support) about name parts in (R)'s account
- 2010-11-30 (A): reminder request of initial mail to (R)
- 2010-12-09 (Support): [s20101126.50] sends detail infos about (R)'s givenname/lastname in online account
- 2010-12-10 (A): reminder #2 to (R) with notification of probably CCA 3.5 violation
- 2010-12-13 (R): accepts CCA/DRP, also his PoV, problem with English language
- 2010-12-13 (A): searching for a translator into French
- 2010-12-13 (A): asking (R) about clarification on Givennames, Lastname
- 2010-12-13 (DRO): "I have used a member in another arbitration, he speaks both French and English. Shall I ask him?"
- 2010-12-13 (A): reply to (DRO): yes, please
- 2011-01-14 (A): sending reminder to (DRO)
- 2011-01-14 (A): asking (GR) for assistance as translator (T) in this case
- 2011-01-14 (T): ok
- 2011-01-14 (A): forward of email dated 2010-12-13, asking (R) about clarification on Givennames, Lastname [EN]
- 2011-01-14 (A): rcvd address of potential 2nd translator from (DRO)
- 2011-01-14 (A): thnx to (DRO) and 2nd translator offer
- 2011-01-15 (T): translated email for clarification, sent to (R) [EN,FR]
- 2011-01-15 (A): checked another potential name typo (AS5), typo not verified, name to be correct in online account
- 2011-01-15 (A): ask for CAP form scans of assurers (AS1-AS6), also verification of assurance date (AS2,AS6)
- 2011-01-15 (AS4): answer delayed till Sat 22th
- 2011-01-15 (AS3): sent CAP form scan, no objection on LN, but not marked on CAP
- 2011-01-15 (AS5): sent CAP form scan, no objection on LN, but not marked on CAP
- 2011-01-17 (AS1): responded, answer delayed till back at home
- 2011-01-17 (AS6): sent CAP form scan, responded to all questions
- 2011-01-21 (AS1): sent CAP form scan, typo and accents confirmed, no objection on LN, but not marked on CAP
- 2011-01-22 (A): CAP form scan readable, no further scan needed from (AS1)
- 2011-01-22 (AS4): sent CAP form scan, can confirm LN, but not marked on CAP
- 2011-01-29 (A): reminder for request to (AS2)
- 2011-01-29 (A): reminder awaiting response from (R) for mail dated Feb 15th, to (R) [EN,FR]
- 2011-01-29 (AS2): confirms typo, LN, name order switch, accents, assurance date to 2010-02-07
- 2011-01-29 (A): sent proposed ruling to (C), (CM), (T) for translation, deadline set to 14 days [EN]
- 2011-01-29 (T): translates proposed ruling text to (CM), (A) [EN,FR]
- 2011-01-30 (A): sent translated proposed ruling to (C), (CM), (T), deadline set to 14 days [FR, EN]
- Note from CM: It seems to me that R's account also has exchanged first (given) and last (family) name.
- Assurers that assured (R) before
confirms to ..
name order change
- (AS5) CAP form doesn't has the CCA statement, dated 2010-02
(AS2) assurance date correction 2010-02-08 to 2010-02-07 is maginal -> 2010-02-08 01:24:11 (!), so can be ignored (see also bug #870 (My Details - My Points show bugus time stamp) and bug #801 (Date of assurance should be in user's timezone)
- Summary: All Assurers confirms typo, 2 of 6 Assurers can identify and confirms users lastname, 4 of 6 Assurers can confirms the accents in users name, 1 assurance date to correct
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part)
Arbitration case a20100728.1 (Private Part)
EOT Private Part
After received enough evidence on users correct Lastname and Givennames by assurers, also about the typo on 3rd Givenname and the accents in 1st Givenname and Lastname and on one Assurance date correction, I hereby order Support
- to correct the users name fields to:
- Givenname : ...
- Middlename: ...
- Lastname : ...
- Assurance date to correct, of Assurer (AS6), that should be
- corrected to ....-..-..,
- by revoking assurance and reapply assurance by the Assurer
To Software group
- A redesign of the CAcert's main website Join form, to assist new bonafide members in entering their correct Givenname(s) and Lastname into the appropiate fields. Also to take care on different cultural variations and how they should applied into the system.
add a note under country variations for France into PracticeOnNames with instructions to the Assurers how to handle similiar cases
- The Lastname and Givenname order in France is often switched around, to
- be read as:
LASTNAME, Givenname(s) (Lastname all in uppercase)
- This can be seen as a country variation if entered in an one line names field. But CAcert's system seperates
- Givenname, Middlename(s) and
- Lastname (and Suffix) fields.
- So therefor, the correct placement of Givenname to Givenname field, Lastname into Lastname field has to be applied.
- be read as:
- In the Arbitrations corrospondents, I've also read a short variation on
- users name:
- ... ...
- Splitting Givennames into Givenname and Middlename allows the user to
- select 2 optional Name variations on issueing client certificates:
- ... ...
- or ... ... ... ...
- There is less or no description on the CAcert's main webpage Join form, to assist new users entering their Givennames and Lastnames into appropiate fields.
see also (Bug #846)
There may be definitions in PracticeOnNames, but these applies to Assurers giving Assurances. These pages are never read by new users entering CAcert's website the very first time.
- 2011-02-13 (A): sent ruling to (C), (R), (Support), (AS6), (CM)
- 2011-02-13 (A): exec request to (Support): 1. correct name 2. revoke assurance of (AS6) on (R)'s account
2011-02-13 (AO): added section under Country Variations on PracticeOnNames: FR
- 2011-02-13 (A): anonymized ruling and exec request to (Software-Assessment team), plz add new bug#
- 2011-02-13 (Support): [s20110213.8] name corrected, assurance revoked, notification to (AS6) sent to reenter assurance
- 2011-02-22 (A): reminder to (AS6) with exec report request to re-apply assurance over (R)'s account
- 2011-02-22 (AS6): did re-apply the assurance over (R)'s account
- 2011-02-22 (A): (C) can apply assurance over (R), final notification to (C), (R). Case closed.
Name in account does not match ID documents (missing hyphen)
Post Arbitration Notes
2011-02-24 (A): Dupe case identified under a20100208.2, case dismissed