- Case Number: a20090621.1
- Status: Closed
- Claimants: Paul Schenkeveld
- Respondents: CAcert
- Former Case Manager: Nick Bebout
Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
- Former Arbitrator: Philipp Dunkel
- Arbitrator: Andreas Bäß
- Date of arbitration start: 2009-06-21
- Date of ruling: 2011-03-08
- Case closed: 2011-03-09
- Complaint: User not registered under full first name
Hello, During todays Assurer Training Event in Eemnes, The Netherlands, we discovered that my first name as stated in my CACert account differs from the name in my official documents. I therefor kindly request correction of the first name in my account from "Paul" to "Paulus". Two CACert arbitration committee members have verified my identity during the ATE: Lambert Hofstra Hans Verbeek as well as the following assurers: Ulrich Schroeter Dirk Astrath Bastiaan van den Dikkenberg Joost Steijlen Raoul Xavier Boerlage With kind regards, Paul Schenkeveld
- Relief: To be determined
Before: Arbitrator: Andreas Bäß (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Paul Schenkeveld (C), Case: a20090621.1
- 2009-06-21 A: Requested contact Information of claimant from CM and support
2009-08-25 (UlrichSchroeter): Reminder to (A), support, (C), (R), with contact info in CC
2009-11-11 (UlrichSchroeter): Reminder to (A), support, (C), (R), disputes and arbitration lists, with contact info in CC
- 2009-11-26 Andreas Bäß takes over case from Phillip Dunkel, requested information from two of above mentionen assurer
- 2009-11-26 (Andreas Bäß). Joost confirmes that he have noticed the first name beeing Paulus but have no CAp form to prove/disprove
2009-11-27 UlrichSchroeter steps in as CM (former Nick Bebout)
2010-01-04 (UlrichSchroeter): reminder to (A) sent
- 2010-01-04 (Andreas Bäß): Due to unknwon status I did a bootstrap asking claimant for signed name change request and CCA/DRP acceptance. Contacted listed assurers for confirmation of name in official documents.
2010-02-26 (UlrichSchroeter): reminder to (A) sent
- 2010-03-16 (A) Asked Claimant for confirmation of his name change request as it looks like a valid name variation in his country, but it might be possible that he prefers an exact match to make future assurances easier.
- 2010-06-29 (CM): progress report req from (A)
- 2010-06-30 (A): I've never received response from (C)
- 2010-06-30 (CM): reminder to (C) sent, to respond to (A)'s mail dated 2010-03-16
- 2010-07-16 (CM): sent 2nd reminder to (C)
- 2010-07-28 (CM): sent 3rd reminder to (C)
- 2010-08-24 (CM): sent 4th reminder to (C), to (A): I recommend to move forward with this case w/ or w/o response from (C) probably with the information that (C) violates CCA by not responding to the Arbitrators requests in an arbitration case.
2010-09-08 (CM): contacting (A) for progress report with suggestion following the a20091118.2 experience, by requesting Support for secondary email addresses of (C)
- 2010-10-10 (CM): sent 5th reminder to (C), to (A)
- 2010-11-01 (A): sends a suggested ruling to (CM)
- 2010-11-02 (CM)/(A): some discussion
- 2011-01-14 (CM): reminder to (A) about "suggested ruling" ... to be final ?
- 2011-01-29 (CM): progress report request to (A)
We have evidence from Ulrich Schröter and Lambert Hofstra that the person assured has used an abbreviation of his name when opening the CAcert account. As the user has not answered the question wether he wants to withdraw his request to leave the name according to a similar arbitration case we will follow his initial request to change the name in his account from "Paul Schenkeveld" to "Paulus Schenkeveld".
There is no need to revoke certificates that have been issued in the past.
- 2011-03-09 (CM): sending ruling to (C), (Assurers), (A)
- 2011-03-09 (CM): sending ruling + exec request with Account infos to (Support)
- 2011-03-09 (Support): [s20110309.11] followed the ruling and changed the name
- 2011-03-09 (CM): Exec report notification to (C), (Assurers), (A). Case Closed.