Committee Meeting 2017-02-01
Committee Members: feel free to add business items within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.
Minutes author puts motion m2017xxxx.y to accept the minutes
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.
Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.
Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses no later than 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting!
- Vacancies (all)
- Committee (candidates from Australia) more text needed
- P.O. (candidates from New South Wales) more text to be added
- Agenda items (Gero)
"Regular agenda item disclose items from board-private: For improvement of our meeting I see a need to define the way to deal with this item. Often I hesitate to simply list all topics because someone might consider emails as too sensitive for disclosure, are has other plans with it." Proposition to disclose topics of emails from non-board (if more than a notice with unspectacular content) and results from internal discussion when state comes near to proposal. (link
- Accept Ross Krumbholz as a new member (seconded by Gero Treuner)
- Vacancies (all)
- Vacancies (Question from Meeting 2017-01-02 by dirk)
Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name
Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.
- et cetera
- Question Time
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members may be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well, questions may be asked at "Question Time", without adding those Questions here prior to the meeting.
Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name
- et cetera
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
1.1 Dirk opened the meeting as chair on 20:02 UTC.
Present: Dirk, Brian, Gero
1.2 Accept minutes from last meetings
Accepting minutes from the meeting on 2017-01-18 was postponed (again).
1.3 Gero takes minutes for the current meeting.
1.4 Items to be disclosed from board-private
- Australian CAcert members were contacted that we were in need to help, particularly to satisfy the requirements of the Australian OFT regarding board members and P. O., and asked whether they were willing to help. Questions were raised about the method how the messages were sent, and whether there was a board motion: There are possibilities 1. mail sent by our "ATE"-script (this requires a little bit additional work and authorisation by arbitration) 2. or via "find an assurer", which seems not to be the correct way. Obviously there isn't a board motion, but there were mails from board members with positive feedback about the content.
1.5 Actions from last meeting
- Work on permissions review can be expected to be continued next week.
- A mail to the list about latest developments will be done until end of this week.
2.1.1 Committee / Vacancies
Responses from 7 people were received who offered help regarding the vacancies in the committee regarding Australian residents and possible office of P. O. Board is in contact with them and intends to continue as decided in the last meeting.
2.1.2 Committee / Agenda items
A former board decision was mentioned where items on the board-private mailing list are disclosed at a time when they are ready to be disclosed, without an exact reference. Sometimes this means that disclosure is delayed. In discussion questions were raised, as how board-private is defined and whether disclosure applies to mails originally sent to firstname.lastname@example.org being forwarded. No decision was made, however the guideline is to disclose all topics (in the sense of a headline, not full content) unless valid reasons like data privacy doesn't allow it.
Because loss of quorum for the meeting was approaching, no attempt was made to complete nominations and move. More applications for membership are expected when people offering help are informed about procedures, ideally these are dealt with in one go.
The next meeting will take place on 2017-02-08 at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
The meeting is closed on 21:28 UTC and the remaining items defered to the next meeting.
m20170201.1: Accept the minutes from 2017-01-25
=== Actions ===not ready yet .....
See next meeting.