1 09:55 -!- INOPIAE changed the topic of #board-meeting to: Board Meeting 2016-02-07 10:00 UTC | https://wiki.cacert.org/Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2016-02-07 2 09:56 -!- mode/#board-meeting [+o jmbruckner] by INOPIAE 3 09:59 -!- mode/#board-meeting [+o felix_] by INOPIAE 4 10:00 <@R> hello all together 5 10:00 <@R> welcome to our today's board meeting 6 10:00 <@INOPIAE> Good morning 7 10:00 <@R> I hereby open the board meeting 8 10:00 <@jmbruckner> Good morning 9 10:00 <@StefanT> Good Morning 10 10:01 -!- INOPIAE changed the topic of #board-meeting to: Board Meeting 2016-02-07 10:00 UTC| the channel is moderated for voice to board member only | https://wiki.cacert.org/Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2016-02-07 11 10:01 <@R> let's start 12 10:02 <@R> we have a quorum 13 10:02 <@R> Accept the minutes from the last meeting. 14 10:02 <@R> any comments? 15 10:02 -!- magu [email@example.com] has joined #board-meeting 16 10:03 <@R> I move to accept the minutes from the last meeting 17 10:03 <@jmbruckner> second and aye 18 10:03 <@INOPIAE> aye 19 10:03 <@StefanT> aye 20 10:03 <@R> aye 21 10:04 <@R> minutes accepted 22 10:04 <@R> Who is making minutes? 23 10:04 <@INOPIAE> I will do them. 24 10:05 <@R> thank you Marcus 25 10:05 <@R> Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members. 26 10:06 <@StefanT> Nothing from my site 27 10:06 <@R> nothing from my site 28 10:06 <@R> next topic 29 10:06 <@R> Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet. 30 10:07 <@StefanT> Nothing, too 31 10:07 <@R> elephants only? 32 10:07 <@R> we have it on the agenda 33 10:08 <@R> next topic 34 10:08 <@R> Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion. 35 10:08 <@INOPIAE> We did not update the action items yet. 36 10:09 <@INOPIAE> In the meantime the a first version of the key persons list was sent out. 37 10:09 <@R> yes, i got it 38 10:10 <@R> next topic 39 10:10 <@R> 2. Businesses 40 10:10 <@R> 2.1 Root Re-Sign Update 41 10:11 <@R> During FOSDEM we had a discussion with our critical team members and confirmed to look for a new date when the procedure will be performed 42 10:11 <@R> it should be done ASAP 43 10:13 <@R> next topic 44 10:13 <@R> 2.2 Investigation Committee update 45 10:14 <@R> status quo: 2 assurers confirmed to work as investigation committee. 46 10:14 <@R> they will get the inital email today. 47 10:14 <@R> I wait for an answer and give all documents to all invovled parties. 48 10:15 <@R> next topic 49 10:15 <@R> 2.3 Opinion survey about Re-Signing procedure 50 10:16 <@INOPIAE> For the opionion survey 72 invitation mails were sent. 51 10:16 <@INOPIAE> 30 members took part in the survey with 20 aye and 10 no. 52 10:16 <@INOPIAE> 3 person sent their private survey token to at least one mailing list. 53 10:17 <@R> we say THANKS to all who attended the survey. 54 10:17 <@INOPIAE> We will document the survey in the Wiki. 55 10:19 <@R> next topic 56 10:19 <@R> 2.4 FOSDEM report 57 10:19 <@INOPIAE> We talked to some board members of the Greek Free/Open Source Software Society https://gfoss.ellak.gr/greekfreeopensourcesoftwaresocietygfoss/. They are think about an organisation assurance as well as on may be pushing CAcert assurances in Greece 58 10:19 <@INOPIAE> I talked to one person who wants to make a contact to a member of the honorable consule corps to talk about the matter that the honoarable consules might serve as TTP. 59 10:20 <@jmbruckner> thats sounds interesting 60 10:20 <@INOPIAE> I think so too 61 10:20 <@jmbruckner> would that mean the w h o l e honorable consuls corps worldwide? 62 10:21 <@INOPIAE> As far as I understood it yes. But let us see what they can offer. 63 10:21 <@jmbruckner> very good. yes for sure 64 10:22 <@INOPIAE> we talk to one board member of the PEP foundation https://pep.foundation/index.html who offered us on the one side sponsoring and on the other hand we talk about the possibility to create a solution where their software is offering the user to create a CAcert account through the software and also creating a client certificate. 65 10:22 <@INOPIAE> we talked to some members of the ring project https://ring.cx/ who try to develop a voice platform similar to skype. Here again could be a possible solution where that their software is offering the user to create a CAcert account through the software and also creating a client certificate. 66 10:23 <@INOPIAE> Basically we face the same question we have for the next topic 67 10:24 <@R> next topic 68 10:24 <@R> 2.5 Request to add CAcert-Root Certificates to the trust store of PaleMoon/FossaMail. (by Juergen) 69 10:24 <@R> Juergen, will you please give an explanation 70 10:24 <@jmbruckner> YEs, sure :) 71 10:25 <@jmbruckner> In september 2015 we got an request from the developer of the Web-Browser PaleMoon and Mail-Client FossaMail to include the CAcert - Root-Certificates in this applications 72 10:27 <@jmbruckner> The request wasnt handled by the old board, as it was just a few days before the AGM and old president stated that he wants that the new board makes such decisions 73 10:27 <@INOPIAE> As far as I see the main problem is to make sure that the user of the software is accepting the RDL as laid out in top 3 of the RDL. 74 10:27 <@INOPIAE> https://www.cacert.org/policy/RootDistributionLicense.html 75 10:27 <@jmbruckner> Correct @Inopiae 76 10:28 <@jmbruckner> I had some contact with the leader/founder of the PaleMoon-Project in the last days 77 10:28 <@jmbruckner> Hed did request for first a Basic-Decision from the board; then we can talk about details and solutions 78 10:29 <@INOPIAE> I second to go on with the talk to them. 79 10:30 <@jmbruckner> He is also aware of the planned Root-Re-Signing - Plans, and he stated that this will bring some more time for preparations of the inclusion 80 10:30 <@R> so we have to clarify their acceptance of our RDL? 81 10:30 <@INOPIAE> Actual teh re-signed root will only be on more certificate that needs to be deployed. 82 10:31 <@jmbruckner> Yes thats one of the points which have to be clarified, and as well how this can be implemented in the software. 83 10:32 <@INOPIAE> My suggestion iwould be, haveing a popup ask it the user wants to include the CAcert rrot certificates to his truststore. If he accepts import them otherwise not. As the software is open source we should check that the inclusion is only done after acceptance. 84 10:32 <@jmbruckner> For today we should come to the basic-decision that we want to include our Root-Certificates in the trust store of the PaleMoon-Project 85 10:33 <@jmbruckner> That is a good idea @INOPIAE! But details are not needed at this point of the process 86 10:34 <@R> I like to say that we want our roots be pre-installed if all requirements are met by the project. 87 10:36 <@INOPIAE> I move that we start the talk with PaleMoon that we want our roots be pre-installed if all requirements are met by the project. 88 10:37 <@R> second and aye 89 10:37 <@INOPIAE> aye 90 10:37 <@jmbruckner> aye with a little change ... 91 10:37 <@StefanT> aye 92 10:37 <@R> change what? 93 10:38 <@jmbruckner> I move .... with PaleMonn-Project (PaleMoon-Browser and FossaMail-Cliant) ... 94 10:38 <@StefanT> good suggestion 95 10:38 <@jmbruckner> who finds typos my keep them ;) 96 10:38 <@INOPIAE> aye 97 10:38 <@jmbruckner> aye (again) 98 10:38 <@StefanT> aye, again 99 10:39 <@R> @jmb... please consider to sell them at ebay, that a bid, you will get higher expanses :D 100 10:39 <@StefanT> as donation, please 101 10:39 * jmbruckner will donate it 102 10:40 <@R> i count 4 aye 103 10:40 <@R> motion accepted 104 10:41 <@R> next topic 105 10:41 <@R> 2.6 E-Mail "About elephants" 106 10:41 <@R> I propose to discuss this email in all details at our next board meeting 107 10:41 <@R> reasons 108 10:42 <@R> there are NO elephants in opur membership! 109 10:42 <@R> if we answer with this tongue I see it as an insult of all our members, community as well as Inc 110 10:43 <@R> the writer of this email may think to circumvent the law 111 10:43 <@R> but this is a wrong assumption 112 10:44 <@R> in fact his wish is that all reader replace the word "elephant" by some real names 113 10:44 <@R> so this email may be seen as an attack against our principles 114 10:45 <@R> we need some time to study this email and its consequuences 115 10:45 <@R> that my 2 cent 116 10:46 <@INOPIAE> Yes I think we need to have some time to see the consequences of the email. 117 10:47 <@R> any comments? 118 10:47 <@INOPIAE> I follow you to defer the discussion to the next meeting. 119 10:47 <@StefanT> aye 120 10:48 <@jmbruckner> ayes 121 10:48 <@R> so we will discuss it in the next board meeting 122 10:48 <@R> we will be better prepared for a discussion 123 10:49 <@R> next topc 124 10:49 <@R> 3. Question Time 125 10:49 <@R> please open the channel for questions from the floor 126 10:49 -!- mode/#board-meeting [-m] by INOPIAE 127 10:49 -!- INOPIAE changed the topic of #board-meeting to: Board Meeting 2016-02-07 10:00 UTC | https://wiki.cacert.org/Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2016-02-07 128 10:54 <@R> any questions from the floor? 129 10:57 <@R> no questions 130 10:57 -!- mode/#board-meeting [+m] by INOPIAE 131 10:57 <@R> next meeting? 132 10:57 <@R> 2016-02-28 10:00 UTC ?? 133 10:57 <@INOPIAE> I suggest 2016-02-28 10 UTC 134 10:57 <@R> okay for you? 135 10:57 <@StefanT> OK 136 10:57 <@jmbruckner> i suggest Feb 28th, 10.00 UTC 137 10:58 <@R> ok next meeting on 2016-02-28 10:00 UTC in irc.channel 138 10:58 <@R> thank you very much 139 10:58 <@R> I hereby close the board meeting 140 10:58 <@R> have a nice day 141 10:58 <@StefanT> Good Bye 142 10:58 <@R> see you soon 143 10:58 <@INOPIAE> bye 144 10:59 -!- INOPIAE changed the topic of #board-meeting to: The next Board Meeting is scheduled for 2016-02-28 10:00 UTC 145 10:59 <@jmbruckner> byee 146 10:59 -!- StefanT [smuxi@p5B3BA757.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has left #board-meeting  147 10:59 -!- R [54855c89@localhost] has left #board-meeting 
Attached FilesTo refer to attachments on a page, use attachment:filename, as shown below in the list of files. Do NOT use the URL of the [get] link, since this is subject to change and can break easily.
You are not allowed to attach a file to this page.