- Case Number: a20140728.1
- Status: withdrawn
- Claimant: Eva S as Policy Officer
- Respondent: CAcert
initial Case Manager: MartinGummi
Case Manager: BernhardFröhlich
- Date of arbitration start: 2014-08-21
- Date of ruling: -
- Case closed: 2014-12-11
- Complaint: notification mailing to all members for CCA
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator AlexRobertson(A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Eva S as Policy Officer (C), Case: a20140728.1
- 2014-07-28 (issue.c.o): case [s20140728.96]
- 2014-07-28 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
2014-08-21 (A) I take this case and appoint BernhardFröhlich as CM
- 2014-08-21 (A) Interim Ruling 1
- 2014-08-22 to 2014-08-24 Quick poll on Policy List to reinstall C as Policy Officer, see archive of policy mailing list
- 2014-08-24 Benedikt H. offers to act as Claimant if necessary, in his role as Policy Editor
- 2014-08-24 to 2014-08-28 Several mails between A and C discussing procedural questions of this case
- 2014-08-29 C announces to withdraw the dispute
- 2014-08-29 Several mails between C and A
- 2014-11-21 C asks for current status of the case
- 2014-12-07 C repeats question, forwarding the question to Dispute Resolution Officer
- 2014-12-11 In direct communication with the CM, A confirms that he considers the case as closed and asks CM to complete the formalities.
- 2014-12-11 CM notifies C that the case is considered as withdrawn and closed now.
- 2014-12-11 The case is now closed.
Link to Arbitration case a20140728.1 (Private Part), Access for (CM) + (A) only
EOT Private Part
Subject: notification to all members for CCA changes From: Policy Officer Dear Support, dear Arbitrators, I want to file a dispute as Policy Officer to a) get the allowance to send a notification to all our members about the changes of the CCA recently decided on by Policy Group and b) allow the Policy Officer to send notification to all members for further policy changes through Policy Group, for those changes that require such notifications or at allow for such a notification and are of some importance for our members. The current notification is required by: CCA 3.4 "Changes of Agreement CAcert may from time to time vary the terms of this Agreement. Changes will be done according to the documented CAcert policy for changing policies, and is subject to scrutiny and feedback by the Community. Changes will be notified to you by email to your primary address." And: PoP: 4.5 "The period of the DRAFT status is announced widely [...]" There may be more references. I have accepted the CCA (and hereby accept also the new DRAFT version) and by this DRP. CARS Eva S (I currently do not have a certificate for this role-address, so cannot sign the mail, please excuse this.)
This case is essentially about the authorisation of a mailing to all members regarding the recent changes made to the CAcert Community Agreement (CCA).
Between the raising of this case by Eva as Policy Officer and the availablility of an Arbitrator and Case Manager to actually process it, Eva has resigned as Policy Officer - this leaves the case without a clear claimant authorised to act for Policy Group in the processing of this case.
However there is a clear requirement under CCA both as it was and in the new version to notify members by email of changes to CCA - this leaves it necessary to process the case and thus it needs to be left open.
Interim Ruling 1
This case will need interaction from somebody authorised to act on behalf of Policy Group. Without that the case is stalled.
I therefore adjourn the case until an appropriate person is identified who is prepared to take over the role of claimant in the case. Both Policy Group and Board will be so notified.
21st August 2014
No final ruling since the case is withdrawn.