- Case Number: a20111111.2
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Eric F
- Respondents: CAcert
Initial Case Manager: BernhardFröhlich
Case Manager: MartinGummi
- Date of arbitration start: 2012-03-26
- Date of ruling: 2014-05-15
- Case closed: 2014-11-18
- Complaint: Close my Account
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator name arbitor (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Eric F (C), Case: a20111111.2
2011-11-11 (issue.c.o) case s20111111.92
- 2011-11-13 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2011-11-13 Claimant sent a statement, see private part
- 2012-03-26 (A): I'll take care about this case as (A)
- 2012-03-26 (CM): I'll take care about this case as (CM)
- 2012-03-28 (A): Request for information sent to Support. Authorisation to immediately anonymize the account is given unless there should be certificates or Assurances given.
- 2012-03-28 Support responds, no given Assurances, last certificate expires 2012-05-07
- 2014-05-11 (CM): asks A about progress in this case
- 2014-05-14 (A): Asking Support for the current status of the account
- 2014-05-15 Support reports current status, there are no valid certificates, the most recent one expired 2012-05-07.
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part) (optional)
Link to Arbitration case a20111111.2 (Private Part), Access for (CM) + (A) only)
EOT Private Part
The Claimant of this case is also Claimant of case a20111111.1, this case is blocked until a20111111.1 is resolved.
- a20111111.1 has been withdrawn at 2012-03-27, this case can be continued
- Last certificate expiry date is 2012-05-07, with the usual 3 months grace time the default CCA termination date is 2012-08-07
- In the meantime it should be save to close the account, unless it has been used during the last two years.
Currently the intermediate ruling of Arbitration Case a20140322.1 prevents accounts from being closed down.
- No other open Arbitration concerning this account can be found
- Account is not able to enter Assurances
As requested by the Claimant, the account shall be anonymized.
The latest certificate expiry date of 2012-05-27 with the standard grace time of 3 months results in a calculated CCA termination date of 2012-08-07. The calculated date is in the past, so the CCA with the Claimant is terminated immediately.
Since Support is currently blocked from anonymizing accounts by the intermediate ruling of Arbitration Case a20140322.1 the execution of anonymisation is postponed until modifying accounts is allowed again.
To prevent changes to the account in the meantime the account shall be locked immediately.
- 2014-05-15 A: Sent mail to support, the account shall be locked immediately. Once modification of accounts is allowed again Support shall anonymize he account without further notification.
- 2014-05-16: Support reports that the account is locked and will be deleted/anonymized once a20140322.1 allows it.
- 2014-11-16 A: Blocking ruling is overruled. Request status from Support, ask for anonymisation if not done already, unless anything unusual is found.
- 2014-11-17 Support reports that the account has now been anonymized. They will notify the Claimant.
- 2014-11-18 The case is closed now