- Case Number: a20110803.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Sven Z
- Respondents: CAcert
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
- Date of arbitration start: 2011-08-10
- Date of ruling: 2011-10-17
- Case closed: 2011-11-05
- Complaint: Account Recovery
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator BernhardFröhlich (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Sven Z (C), Case: a20110803.1
- 2011-08-03 (issue.c.o) case [s20110803.99]
- 2011-08-04 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
2011-08-10 (A): I take this case as Arbitrator, UlrichSchroeter will be Case Manager.
- 2011-08-10 (A): Request to support: This seems to be a standard password recovery, why has an Arbitration been initiated?
- 2011-08-11 Uli as a witness provides some more information. There seems to be a problem to find the account in the Support Admin Console which hint at an inconsistency in the database.
- 2011-08-11 (A): Sent initial mail to Claimant, asking for some more information.
- 2011-08-25 (A): Sent a mail to support asking for some additional info on the C's account.
- 2011-08-26 Support replies that there are no flags set which would prevent the login of C.
- 2011-09-14 (A): Sent mail to C, asking him to do a standard password recovery.
- 2011-09-30 (A): Resent mail, setting deadline of 2011-10-14 for answer, otherwise the case will be closed.
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part)
Link to Arbitration case a20110803.1 (Private Part)
EOT Private Part
The Claimant's account is affected by Bug#975, so it cannot be found in the SE console in the usual way.
- There is a workaround available (searching with wildcards) and C's account can be found by a SE using it.
- There are no hints that specific settings or inconsistencies in the database prevent login to C's account.
Though the Claimant's account is affected by a bug in the SE console there are no hints that a login would be prevented if the password of the account is known.
Therefore I can only propose the Claimant to go through one of the standard password recovery procedures.
- 2011-10-17 (A): Sent notificatio of ruling to C
- 2011-10-17 (A): The case will be closed if no protest is received till 2011-10-24
- 2011-11-05 (A): The case is closed now.