- Case Number: a20110214.1
- Status: Closed
- Claimants: Giorgio M
- Respondents: CAcert
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
Case Manager: LambertHofstra
- Date of arbitration start: 2011-02-21
- Date of ruling: 2011-02-22
- Case closed: 2011-02-24
- Complaint: Could you help me to recover my original address?
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator UlrichSchroeter (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Giorgio M (C), Case: a20110214.1
- 2011-02-14 (issue.c.o) case [s20110214.68]
- 2011-02-17 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2011-02-18 (A): I'll take care about this case as (A)
- 2011-02-20 (CM): I'll take care about this case as (CM)
- 2011-02-20 (A): sending init mailing to (C)
- 2011-02-21 (C): accepts CCA/DRP under this arbitration
- 2011-02-21 (A): reply request to (C)'s secondary account
- 2011-02-21 (A): request to (Support): account state of (C)'s primary and secondary account: a) email addr, b) domains listed, c) assurances rcvd, d) assurances given
- 2011-02-21 (C): responded req to secondaries account email addr
- 2011-02-21 (A): notification to (C), awaiting response from (Support) about accounts state
- 2011-02-21 (Support): [s20110221.36] account states of primary and secondary accounts of (C)
- 2011-02-21 (A): request to (C) about a 2nd domain name added onto old account
- 2011-02-22 (C): reminds himself about addtl. domain, but its no longer registered
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part) (optional)
Link to Arbitration case a20110214.1 (Private Part)
EOT Private Part
- 2 accounts under authorisation by (C), old account w/ lost password, new account w/ access
- old account is blocked by addtl. domain that is no longer in use and is unregisterd
- to be remove
- email to transfer thru manual delete account procedure by SE's, so PII is removed on old account
- delete account procedure w/o CCA termination. if there are certs issued, account can be identified. with the old account the arbitration case number can be identified and therefor the user can be identified. so certs handling needs no special ruling.
I hereby came to the following ruling:
Support should hijack users old account and should execute the Delete My Account procedure for SE's v2 in full, especialy:
- replace primary email address with arbitration number mask
- delete former primary email address from the account
- delete existing domain
- notify arbitrator about existing certs and their latest expire date (if exists): Client Certs, Server Certs, GPG/PGP keys
- delete existing certs
- As the user still continues to be a member, there is no CCA termination date to calculate.
- 2011-02-22 (A): sent ruling to (C)
- 2011-02-22 (A): sent exec order request to (Support) to run delete account procedure for SE's over (C)'s old account
- 2011-02-24 (Support): [s20110222.3] 1 server cert revoked, 1 domain revoked, account deleted.
- 2011-02-24 (A): final notification to (C). Case closed.
Post Arbitration Note
2011-02-26 (A): on review of <s20110223.78> report the email address mask has been identified not in compliance with the proposed procedure. So therefor I've requested (Support) for correction. 4 other cases also affected, also to correct.
2011-02-26 (Support): fixed within <s20110226.34>