- Case Number: a20100908.1
- Status: Closed
- Claimants: Iang in role of Board / Software-Assessment t/l
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
Case Manager: MartinGummi
- Date of arbitration start: 2011-01-15
- Date of ruling: 2011-02-24
- Case closed: 2011-03-10
Complaint: Arbitrated Background Check over BernhardFröhlich
- Relief: TBD
- 2010-09-08 (issue.c.o) case [s20100908.4]
- 2010-09-08 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2011-01-15 (CM): I'll take care about this case as (CM)
- 2011-01-15 (A): I'll take care about this case as (A)
- 2011-01-15 (A): interview scheduled for 2011-01-15 in Frankfurt with interviewers Dirk A + (A)
- 2011-01-15 (R): CV sent to (A), (Dirk A)
- 2011-01-15 (A): CCA/DRP acceptance by (R) can be assumed as (R) works as Arbitrator and Case Manager
- 2011-01-16 (A): CCA/DRP acceptance by (R) has been discovered within the Co-Auditors interview within mutual assurance with (A)
- 2011-01-16 (A): ABC interview happened in Frankfurt, at Co-Auditor interview and ABC interview meeting, attendees: (R), (Dirk A), (A)
- 2011-01-17 (R): sends references list
- 2011-02-07 (A): discussion with Iang, who also was interviewer in several other ABC cases, regarding military services investigations
2011-02-10 (A): questions regarding emergency exit code, that araises within interview with (R), to (SA's), Andreas B (as interviewer at ABC over Dirk A, a20100113.3)
- 2011-02-21 (A): renewal of request to (SA) Dirk A regarding emergency exit code recommendations
Potential solutions for Emergency Exit procedure discussed in Software-Assessment Project team meeting 2011-02-22
- The background check has not revealed any material issues in conflict with a role under Security Policy (SP).
- During the interview, one potential CoI was discovered. This was observed during the interview, and discussed. The relationship has no apparent force. We therefore conclude that although a CoI exists in theory, it does not represent a material threat to CAcert.
- Investigation of potential weaknesses in social engineering revealed that (R) has familiarity with this topic. An "emergency exit" solution is highly appreciated.
- (R) was questioned on background related to anticipated subject matter (Software-Assessment). Has ability to understand foreign code, preference for near-hardware coding, fixing bugs in foreign code.
- His role will become probably not one of the key persons within the SA team, but as a fallback on code reviews, if no other SA is available, so SA work has lower priority related to his other work within CAcert.
- My recommendation to the SA team is: should lead him to the SA related SP/SM topics and new implemented procedures.
- Observer in interview has to wipe handwritten interview transcript if not yet done.
- 2011-02-24 (A): ruling sent to (C), (R), (CM), (Observer in interview) with request for confirmation, that´interview transcript has been deleted
- 2011-03-07 (A): re-send ruling to (C), (R), (CM), (Board-private), (Observer in interview) with request for confirmation, that´interview transcript has been deleted
2011-03-07 (Board): board-motion m20110307.1 added.
- 2011-03-10 (A): Notification to (C), (R), (SA). Case closed.