- Case Number: a20100823.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Marc G
- Respondents: CAcert
Case Manager: MartinGummi
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-08-24
- Date of ruling: 2010-08-25
- Case closed: 2010-08-25
- Complaint: Name change request to add middle names
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator UlrichSchroeter (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Marc G (C), Case: a20100823.1
- 2010-08-23 (issue.c.o) case [s20100823.109]
2010-08-24 (UlrichSchroeter): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2010-08-24 (A): I'll take care about this case
- 2010-08-24 (CM): I'll take care about this case
- 2010-08-24 (A): Support, please provide me with the Assurances received info of (C)
2010-08-24 (A): Init mailing sent to (C), however (C) accepts CCA and therefor Arbitration (DRP) on the CAP form handwritten at FrOSCon 2010
- 2010-08-24 (A): contacting several Assurers (AS1), (AS2), (AS3), (AS4), (AS5) to provide me with the info about addtl. givennames
confirms addtl. givennames?
(C) req conform
- 2010-08-24 (AS3): my givenname is Marcus
- 2010-08-24 (AS3): Yes I copyied two additinonal middle names on my CAP form
- 2010-08-24 (C): accepts CCA / DRP under this arbitration
- 2010-08-25 (A): to (AS3): sorry, typo, corrected
- 2010-08-24 (Support): (C) has received 17 assurances since starting autmn 2009, from the list my (A)'s name is also on the list.
- 2010-08-24 (AS5): I assures this user at FrOSCon 2010 and noted down 2 addtl. givennames
- 2010-08-24 (AS1): noted down 2 addtl. givennames
- 2010-08-25 (A): checked assurance over (C) from CAP form and it includes addtl. requested givennames on the CAP form, assurance was made about 1 year before
- 2010-08-25 (A): picked up 2 addtl. assurers from the list Support provided. Requesting addtl. givennames info from (AS6), (AS7)
- 2010-08-25 (AS4): I have noted 3 givennames ...
- 2010-08-25 (AS7): CAP form states 2 addtl. middlenames
2010-08-24 (A): at FrOSCon 2010 I had an interview with (C). I've noted addtl. names of Assurers that the user got in Assurances at FrOSCon: Joost, Sven H, Marc M, Michael M, Nik
- at least 3 assurers out of 17 confirmed users addtl. givennames as requested
- adding more infos is probably a problem by default (simple rule)
- if its not noted from the ID doc onto the CAP form.
- if it cannot be confirmed in any way
For names or name parts: * in general: its allowed to reduce information, but it is prohibited to add informations
- The certs problem on Name changes
The CPS comes to draft at Status: DRAFT p20091108
- If the user has created client certificates, with the not yet corrected name in the account, there is no problem with this name change request as certs are built up with the first givenname field from online account.
CPS 3.1.1. Types of names - Client Certificates. The Subscriber Naming consists of:
- CN= The common name takes its value from one of:
- For individual Members, a Name of the Subscriber, as Assured under AP.
- CN= The common name takes its value from one of:
- Adding the 2nd and 3rd givenname onto the account into the middlename field, allows the user to create client certs after the name change with the first givenname or client certs with the first and second and third givenname
- checked at least 3 assurances from starting assurances and at least 3 last assurances, all confirms the 2 addtl. givennames as requested
- there was no malfeasance of an type alleged or found
- Support, please change (C)'s users name as requested
- adding infos is a problem by default in assurances. I've checked some of the first and some of the last assurances. All Assurers confirms they have noted the 2 addtl. givennames on their CAP form and can confirm to the name change request
- At least 6 assurers confirmed the addtl. 2 givennames on their CAP forms, that brings the user back upto 100 points if all assurances w/o the addtl. 2 givennames on the CAP form have to be revoked. So I see no need to order revocation of assurances or assurer advices. At the time the assurance points were transfered the Assurers acted accordingly AP following the simple rule that an assurer can reduce informations, but cannot add. If there are assurances not checked yet left, where Assurers have the 2 addtl. givennames not on their CAP form, this doesn't change the identity check results in this case.
- Client certs doesn't needs to be revoked in this case, as user can select client certs w/ or w/o the 2 addtl. givennames, if they are entered both as middle names into the account.
- 2010-08-25 (A): ruling sent to (C), (CM), (Support)
- 2010-08-25 (A): Support, please change Marc Giavarra's users name as requested
- 2010-08-25 (Support): name change request has been executed as requested
- 2010-08-25 (A): notification of (Support) exec report to (C), (CM), case closed
Post Arbitration Note
- 2010-08-25 (AS6): CAP form states 2 addtl. middlenames, confirmed to request
- 2010-08-29 (AS2): requests a translation of the request dated 2010-08-24
- 2010-08-29 (A): translation to German sent to (AS2), (CM) of request dated 2010-08-24
- 2010-08-29 (AS2): I have noted 3 names
- 2010-08-29 (A): ask for the givennames
- 2010-08-29 (AS2): wrote down the addtl. givennames, confirmed to request