- Case Number: a20100326.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Jan W
- Respondents: CAcert
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
Case Manager: MartinGummi
- Date of arbitration start: 2011-05-02
- Date of ruling: 2011-05-04
- Case closed: 2011-05-04
- Complaint: DoB problem in my account
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator UlrichSchroeter (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Jan W (C), Case: a20100326.1
- 2010-03-27 (issue.c.o) case [s20100327.14]
- 2010-04-01 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2011-04-08 (A): I'll take care about this case as (A)
2011-04-08 (A): I appoint the (CM) as per Arbitration Team meeting 2011-04-05 decision
- 2011-04-08 (A): sending init mailing to (C) with CCA/DRP acceptance request
- 2011-04-08 (C): responded with wrong and correct DoB
- 2011-04-09 (A): re-requesting CCA/DRP acceptance (translated to German)
- 2011-04-10 (AS1): receiving notification of one addtl. Assurer (AS1)
- 2011-05-01 (A): 2nd reminder, re-requesting CCA/DRP acceptance (translated to German)
- 2011-05-02 (C): accepts CCA/DRP under this arbitration
2011-05-02 (A): requesting DoB as read in (C)'s IdDoxs from (AS2)
- 2011-05-02 (A): request to (Support) about infos of user account (C): Assurances Received
- 2011-05-03 (Suppport): [s20110502.111] exec report, infos about (C)'s account
- 2011-05-03 (A): requesting DoB info about user (C) from (AS3)
- 2011-05-03 (AS2): confirms to (C)'s DoB correction request
- 2011-05-04 (AS3): confirms to (C)'s DoB correction request, confirms mistake made
Discovery (Private Part)
Link to Arbitration case a20100326.1 (Private Part)
EOT Private Part
- typo in DoB, identified by an Assurer, reported by the user itself
- verification of correct DoB
Confirms DoB correction
- 3 Assurers confirmed to (C)'s request to correct his DoB. So I hereby order (Support), to correct the DoB as requested.
- Since there are statements by two independent CAcert Assurers about the correct DoB and also from (C) and also from the Assurer who finished the Assurance, all Assurance Points from those of assurers who confirmed the correct DoB are still valid and no forther change is needed.
- there was no malfeasance of an type alleged or found
- This problem (DoB wrong) was due to a hasty typo by (C) and overseen by (AS3) so the account contains the wrong DoB
- Additionaly the mistakes that were made regarding the wrong accounts DoB is a 100% failure to enter the DoB into the account by an experienced Assurer. And also by verifying the data given in the assurances by 2 Assurers, this problem was found. So the safe failing procedure (at least 3 experienced Assurers needed to get 100 pts) worked out this problem.
This also confirms the problems regarding DoB errors found at the starting of the Audit over Assurances (see report MiniTOP Assurance - Munich 20090517) with a failure rate of 50% (!). This was too high. So therefor this topic has been added to the Assurer Training Events ATE presentations - Assurance practice (incl. Date errors) (slide 19).
- The DoB correction is to be made without the removal of any assurance or experience points if assurers have a valid CAP with the correct DoB. This was confirmed by the Assurers with their CARS statement.
- 2011-05-04 (A): sending ruling to (C), (AS1), (AS2), (AS3)
- 2011-05-04 (A): exec order request to (Support) to correct DoB on (C)'s account as requested
- 2011-05-04 (Support): [s20110504.6] ruling executed
- 2011-05-04 (A): exec report notification to (C), (AS1), (AS2), (AS3). Case closed.