- Case Number: a20100317.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Harold B
- Respondents: Roderick M.
Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
- former Arbitrator: Nick Bebout
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-03-24
- Date of ruling: 2010-08-24
- Case closed: 2010-08-26
- Complaint: Wrong DoB in Account with Assurance Points
Summary: My account contains a wrong birthdate but I already got Assurance Points so I cannot correct it anymore.
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator name arbitrator (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Harold B (C), Case: a20100317.1
2010-03-17 (issue.c.o) case [s20100317.205, s20100319.126, s20100322.20], cannot be handled thru a20100210.2 due to not as a result from an event and also out of time-table
2010-03-22 (UlrichSchroeter): added to wiki, request for CM / A
2010-03-22 (A): I'll take this case as arbitrator
- 2010-03-22 (CM): I'll take care about this case
- 2010-03-22 (CM): init mailing sent to (C)
- 2010-03-22 (C): question regarding associated fees
- 2010-03-22 (CM): question answered: there are currently no fees. However an Arbitrator can rule a fine upto the liability maximum that is set thru CCA
- 2010-03-24 (C): I do agree to the Community Agreement and Dispute Resolution policy of Cacert
- 2010-06-24 (CM): progress report request from (A) in this case
- 2010-07-08 (CM): progress report request from (A) in this case, cc (DRO)
- 2010-07-08 (CM): rcvd NDR for the private email address of (A)
2010-07-15 (CM): recheck on private email address vs I'll take this case as arbitrator email. Identified an alias typo. Retried sending progress report request.
- 2010-07-22 (A): (from irc-log with (CM)) i wish to withdraw as arbitrator of my case that i have (basically i have not done any work on it yet)
- 2010-07-22 (CM): sent info about (A)'s resignation to (C), (DRO), request for new (A)
- 2010-07-24 (A): I'll take care about this case
- 2010-07-25 (CM): forward of all emails to (A)
- 2010-07-28 (A): Asking Support for information about Assurers which assured C's account
- 2010-07-28 (A): Sent a status mail to C
- 2010-07-28 (C): Replied to status mail.
- 2010-08-03 (A) Re-sent request to support
- 2010-08-20 (A) Still no answer from support, escalating to Support Team Leader.
- 2010-08-22 Support reports that Roderick M. has assured C. Roderick M. is considered Respondent ("R") from now on.
- 2010-08-23 (A): Sent request for assistance to R
- 2010-08-24 R responses, he has a CAP form where C has noted the date of birth as claimed.
- Support reports that C's account already has 35 Assurance Points from one Assurance by Roderick M.
- Roderick M. states that he has a CAP form with a date of birth matching the claim
Considering the collected evidence I give the following ruling:
R's Assurance made on the claimant's account shall be revoked so C can correct the date of birth.
R shall loose the two experience points for this Assurance and is ordered to repeat the Assurance made on C (after the DoB is changed) to regain them.
R shall be notified to administer more care in comparing the data when doing Assurances.
No further penalty is imposed since this is R's first offence and he was very prompt and cooperative in response to the request for assistance.
Due to technical limitations it is not easily possible to remove two experience points from R's account. This "penalty" will be waived therefore. Nevertheless R is strongly encouraged to repeat the Assurance with C.
- 2010-08-24 A: Sent request to support to revoke the Assurance and remove Experience Points
- 2010-08-24 A: Sent mail to R notifying him to administer more care in the future.
- 2010-08-24 A: Sent mail to C about the ruling.
- 2010-08-25 Support confirms revocation of Assurance, but has technical problems to remuve a few experience points.
- 2010-08-26 A: Adjusted ruling
- 2010-08-26 A: This case is closed now.