- Case Number: a20100308.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Gerd X, Bjoern E, Alexander B
- Respondents: CAcert
Case Manager: AlexanderPrinsier
- Date of arbitration start: 2011-06-22
- Date of ruling: 2011-06-23
- Case closed: 2010-07-14
- Complaint: Name change request with assurance points(Given name and Middle name)
- Relief: Change the names in the account as requested by C1.
Before: Arbitrator BernhardFröhlich (A), Respondent: CAcert (R) Sascha S (R2), Claimant: Gerd X (C1) Bjoern E (C2) Alexander B (C3), Case: a20100308.1
Initial mailings filed at
In summary, C1 wants to change the first name in the account to Gérard and add his middle name, like they are written in his ID card. C1 confirms both given names in the mail cited above, C2 confirms Gérard.
- 2010-03-08 (issue.c.o) case [s20100308.71, s20100312.3, s20100313.75]
2010-03-08 (MartinGummi): added to wiki, request for CM / A
2010-03-12 (UlrichSchroeter): 2nd dispute filing merged to this case
2010-03-14 (UlrichSchroeter): 3rd dispute filing merged to this case
- 2010-06-22 A: Sent initiating mail
- 2010-06-23 C1 answers and confirms that he wants to change the name in the account.
- 2010-06-23 C2 answers and confirms that he has seen the "new" name in the ID documents of C1.
- 2010-06-23 C3 answers and confirms that he also has seen both "new" names in the ID documents of C1.
C1 wants to change the names in his CAcert account. C2 and C3 confirm that they have seen the intended names in ID docs.
The request for the name change has been confirmed and the intended name has been verified by two Assurers. I consider this as enough evidence to order support to change the account of C1 while keeping the already awarded Assurance Points.
It is not necessary to revoke existing certificates, since the name before is very similar to the name after the change, and it is hard to see how an existing certificate could be used for malicious purposes.
The Assurer who has assured the account with the shortened name shall be contacted and notified about the problem. Since the names are quite similar, and there are no signs of intentional wrongdoing, no penalty is deemed necessary at this time.
- 2010-06-23 A: Sent mail to suport to change the account's names and report the Assurer who has already assured the account.
- 2010-06-25 Support confirms that the names in the account have been changed. Assurer Sascha S has awarded Assurance Points to the account before the name change.
- 2010-06-25 A: Sent mail to C2 and C3 that the Assurances can now be completed.
- 2010-06-26 A: Sent mail to R2 explaining that he should insist on complete names in accounts. A confirmation of R2 has been requested.
- 2010-07-12 R2 confirms the notification
This case is closed now.