- Case Number: a20100128.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Martin Mazur
- Respondents: CAcert
Case Manager: MartinGummi
- Date of arbitration start: 2010-09-02
- Date of ruling: 2010-10-21
- Case closed: 2010-10-22
- Complaint: name change request after marriage
- Relief: change lastname in account
Before: Arbitrator BernhardFröhlich (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Martin Mazur (C), Case: a20100128.1
Original filing in Dispute mailing list
- 2010-01-28 (issue.c.o) [s20100128.24]
2010-01-29 (UlrichSchroeter): added to wiki, request for CM / A
2010-01-31 (UlrichSchroeter): rcvd unsolicited marriage certificate scan attachment of (C) in an email from Martin Schulze (Support)
- 2010-03-21 (issue.c.o) [s20100128.24]
- 2010-03-21 (C): progress report request
2010-09-02 (A): I'll take care of this case as Arbitrator, MartinGummi will be Case Manager
- 2010-09-02 (A): Sent initiating mail, asking the claimant to find an Assurer who can check the original document(s) and act as a witness
- 2010-10-03 (A): Sent reminder to C
- 2010-10-04 C answers, he tries to contact an Assurer.
- 2010-10-11 C names Maurice-Jörg N. as potential witness.
- 2010-10-14 (A): Sent mail to Maurice-Jörg explaining how to act as witness in this case.
- 2010-10-18 Maurice-Jörg sends a reliable statement that he has seen the original marriage certificate, as well as an ID card which support C's claim
- The claimant has sent a scan of a marriage certificate matching his claim
- An Assurer has confirmed the content of the marriage certificate by a reliable statement.
Based on the provided evidence I give the following ruling:
From the scanned document and the Assurer's confirmation it is evident that the claimant owns ID documents which contain his married name as fammily name.
According to the claimant's request the family name recorded in his account shall be changed to match his new (married) name.
- 2010-10-21 (A): Sent mail to Support to do the change.
- 2010-10-22 Support confirms modification of account.
- 2010-10-22 (A): The case is closed now.
Member requests name change after marriage